JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume not working with remote

(Topic created: 01-07-2021 05:46 PM)
Chrisv909
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV was working fine yesterday I turn it on today and I had an issue with the volume not working on my Samsung remote nor on my Directv remote. So me being the guy I am I tried to figure it out on my own. Googled all possible answers, factory reset my TV. After no positive results I contacted Samsung through Live Chat. We went through the unplug TV for 60 seconds process and that didnt work. He then had me remove my batteries from my Samsung remote and hold the power button for 40-50 seconds then reinstall batteries and that seemed to work for both my TV remote and my Directv remote and I just did that process with my TV remote and it's been going strong for hours already....Hope this helps

106 Replies
user7KyitaeLu3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm seeing the same volume problem with a remote control, and every solutoion provided by Sumsung works for a short time and then the problem starts again

0 Likes
user7KyitaeLu3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm seeing the same volume problem with a remote control, and every solutoion provided by Sumsung works for a short time and then the problem starts again

This is unacceptable defect in Samsung TV, especially, Samsung doesn't even provide a good solution to thousands of their customers. 

To compare, I have 12 year old Sony TV, and 13 year ol Vizio TV, they're  still working like a charm 

In Conclusion, I think I'm not going to buy any Sumsung TV again, nor recommand anyone to buy them ...

Thanks

0 Likes
user6F0hu8lwFJ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Like other, I've had problem with volume getting 'stuck' and some of the other setup options not being selectable.

Reset the Smart Hub. That fixed it for me. You will have to re-download/install the various apps tho.

Greg

0 Likes
userKI37lFrutn
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@user6F0hu8lwFJ wrote:

Like other, I've had problem with volume getting 'stuck' and some of the other setup options not being selectable.

Reset the Smart Hub. That fixed it for me. You will have to re-download/install the various apps tho.

Greg

Didn't solve the problem for me.

0 Likes
userwibIGCeqrb
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue of volume getting stuck and have been unplugging the power chord multiple times a day (so frustrating).  Have tried almost all options:

- Re-sync remote / remove battery and press power

- Reset Smart Hub

- Disable "Autorun Smart Hub"

- Removed Samsung TV Plus

- Used other Remotes

- Try Mute button pressed etc etc. . . .

Nothing helps.  @Samsung Team: this seems to be a common issue as there are so many posts related to this issue. Please advise what is the issue related to. For an issue that is so common, you need to have a root-cause and solution for this. 

I agree with the post from user7KyitaeLu3 - never faced issues with prior TVs. maybe samsung is not the right chouce next time šŸ˜ž

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userBMtT9rT1hH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It seems I've joined a long line of dissatisfied customers... I have 4 other Samsung TV's heck even my entire kitchen is Samsung, you'd think something so simple as volume would not confound so many people. I just setup 75" Class Q90T QLED 4K UHD HDR Smart TV (2020) with Samsung Harman Kardon 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos Soundbar HW-Q90R with Wireless Subwoofer and Rear Speaker Kit. Right from the start neither remote would adjust the volume on the soundbar or just the TV itself. I have tried all the suggested fixes in the prior posts and nothing has worked. Please let me know what else I can try. Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Likes
user29xQkJszfa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please put out an update to fix this issue, I have been dealing with this for over 2 years only fixing momentarily by restarting my tv. My model number is un55mu6071fxza and my TV was purchased in 2017. I tried all of these steps, called samsung, but no success. Please fix your product, this canā€™t be ignored any longer. Addressing the issue for some on this message board isnā€™t enough, fix this for everyone for good.

0 Likes
userl0y9L7XCua
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Having the same issues. Will definitely stay away from Samsung in he future. Our almost 14 year old LG still works as well as day 1. 

0 Likes
ikseoj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Adding my story here.  I have a UN49MU650DFXZA TV and new Q60T soundbar.  Wasn't an issue with my previous M550 soundbar, just with the new Q60T one.

The problem mainly happens for me any time I change a channel then I can no longer change/mute the soundbar volume via the TV remote (or Roku remote, so it doesn't seem to be a remote control issue).  Cycling through the sound inputs on the TV quickly recovers the control temporarily.  I don't have any problems with using the original soundbar remote itself.

Tried all of the reset, re-sync, re-pair suggestions but nothing sticks.  I can always get volume control back temporarily but inevitably I will need to annoy my wife again by cycling through menus to get volume to work again... or use two remotes, oi!

0 Likes