JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume not working with remote

(Topic created: 03-25-2021 03:34 PM)
Chrisv909
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV was working fine yesterday I turn it on today and I had an issue with the volume not working on my Samsung remote nor on my Directv remote. So me being the guy I am I tried to figure it out on my own. Googled all possible answers, factory reset my TV. After no positive results I contacted Samsung through Live Chat. We went through the unplug TV for 60 seconds process and that didnt work. He then had me remove my batteries from my Samsung remote and hold the power button for 40-50 seconds then reinstall batteries and that seemed to work for both my TV remote and my Directv remote and I just did that process with my TV remote and it's been going strong for hours already....Hope this helps

106 Replies
Solution
ikseoj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm not sure my issue with not being able to control a new Samsung soundbar with the original tv remote is the same issue as the original poster had but here's the solution that's working for me.  Samsung technical support did help with sorting this out:

I have a 2016 UN49MU650DFXZA TV and new Q60T soundbar.  Wasn't an issue with my previous M550 soundbar, just with the new Q60T one where after a while (mainly after changing channels on Live TV) the tv remote could no longer change the volume on the soundbar.

What worked to fix this is to use the "Universal Remote" option on the tv to setup the tv remote to control the soundbar.  It doesn't seem like this should be necessary as all of the devices are Samsung and they seem to work together automatically but it did make the difference and the tv remote always works for the soundbar volume now.

I also upgraded the firmware on the tv by manually downloading the latest version from the website and using a USB stick.  This latest version wasn't available through the tv's interface.  I don't know whether this is necessary in addition to setting up the "Universal Remote" but it doesn't seem to hurt.  And actually the TV Plus additional channels are working again.  I did have to reset the Smarthub after this because the app icon bar got messed up but everything seems to be working fine now.

Good luck.

Nothing fancy
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

log out of the samsung account. un check "automatically log in to samung account.

Good luck

0 Likes
usercpFxJRqsJI
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have also been having problems with volume control on my UN65MU6290V.  After multiple calls to service, one finally suggested I call repair service and pay for the repair (I never got a call back by the way) After reading suggestions here, I called one more time to ask for help in taking the Tv+ off.  This representative told me that she has been getting a lot of calls about this problem on this model.  She said she would let her supervisor know of the problem.

We have now started having a problem with a blank, white screen when starting the tv in the morning. This is after having the screen replace last year when it turned white and hot as many of the recalled models did.

@Samsung Team: Since this volume control is a known problem, has any solution been made about it?  You shouldn't have to unplug your tv numerous times during the day to be able to control the volume.  We had always bought only Samsung in the past but have been totally disappointed since this tv.

0 Likes
userMuRvColljj
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Anonymous I just PMd you my TV info.  UN58MU6100

After 3 years of ownership, the volume is experiencing the same problems as others in this 11 page thread.  There's an obvious defect that needs to be addressed.  My only other option at this point is to purchase another brand new TV that doesn't have anything to do with Samsung

userrwvffW3xn3
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had an issue with volume only going between two numbers and the mute getting stuck. I deleted all the apps that I could (I don’t use them anyway, I have a firetv cube). Deleting the apps restored remote functionality. 

0 Likes
userX2f97heXgW
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Freeing up memory will get this working, but eventually you'll start seeing the available memory go down to zero and the problem comes back.  Delete more apps, memory goes down to zero, problem comes back.  Eventually you'll be left with only the built-in apps (which you can't delete), zero available memory, and the problem which you can no longer fix.  Took about 6 months for this to happen to me, but whatever was done in the last firmware sped up the process.  In the past month my TV turns on and that's basically it.  Volume may or may not work, apps no longer start, and smart hub don't work except for a brief moment when first turning on the TV.

Factory reset doesn't help, I've done that dozens of times and it doesn't clear the memory.  My only hope is this may be addressed in a firmware update, but my TV is from 2017 and I'm already seeing replies for TVs made in 2016 basically saying, "TV is so out of date there are no updates for it".

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes