JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume not working with remote

(Topic created: 01-20-2018 05:56 PM)
Chrisv909
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV was working fine yesterday I turn it on today and I had an issue with the volume not working on my Samsung remote nor on my Directv remote. So me being the guy I am I tried to figure it out on my own. Googled all possible answers, factory reset my TV. After no positive results I contacted Samsung through Live Chat. We went through the unplug TV for 60 seconds process and that didnt work. He then had me remove my batteries from my Samsung remote and hold the power button for 40-50 seconds then reinstall batteries and that seemed to work for both my TV remote and my Directv remote and I just did that process with my TV remote and it's been going strong for hours already....Hope this helps

106 Replies
userUFLd0Ygaaa
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did ressetting smart hub work for you long term? 

0 Likes
user1fRoqOneD1
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You're out of internal hard drive space.  Plug In an external usb, reset smart hub, factory reset, reinstall apps.  

Seems when the default partition is full it wigs out. Too bad a billion dollar company can't figure this out.  

userxXX6ApJRho
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You are correct.  None of the steps mentioned in the other comments worked.  They may work temporarily, but the only solution that finally worked was to reset Smarthub.  You MUST reset Smarthub.

However, when you reset Smarthub, you must log into your Samsung account and then add back all of your apps on the TV.  Then, you have to log into each app individually (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.) before you can use each one.  So be sure that you have all of your passwords.

Thank you very much for your post.  Otherwise, I may have gone out and purchased a new TV.  My Samsung is not even 3 years old and works perfectly.

One other comment:  I attempted to contact Samsung support through the TV support feature.  You can request a call back by using the support menu on the TV.  I waited 2 days for them to contact me.  When I finally received a call back from them, it was a recording advising me that their office was closed, and that I should request support on-line via chat.   What a disappointment.

0 Likes
ikseoj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userxXX6ApJRho wrote:

You are correct.  None of the steps mentioned in the other comments worked.  They may work temporarily, but the only solution that finally worked was to reset Smarthub.  You MUST reset Smarthub.

Were you having issues with controlling volume for a new soundbar or just the tv volume?  Sorry, getting confused what issues people are talking about.

0 Likes
userKI37lFrutn
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not for me.

0 Likes
useruWxShlxyrT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi there,

First time ever using a discussion group but I too have had recent trouble with my remote volume not working on my 2017 samsung tv. Only began couple of weeks ago and couldnt use remote for volume control. Done everything I could find to sort it but to mo avail. Every time I turned tv on, same problem! I thought maybe it was the samsung remote that had given up as dog chewed it, but that was 18 months ago and all other buttons on it worked fine. Purchased a universal remote, recommended for any samsung tv. Seemed to have paired to tv ok but alas the problem has not! Please can you help as it seems that it is an issue for a lot of people and is only with the volume. I now cannot use my universal remote with my smart tv to add any other devices either as it tells me I have to use the smart remote to do so. No good as I threw it away as I was sure that was faulty and the cause of the problem. Not going to pay to get another smart remote if this is not going to solve the issue. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the update Chrisv909, be sure to post in the larger thread regarding this: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/Remote-Control-volume-isn-t-working-on-my-TV-UN48JU6500/td-p/1892 

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the update Chrisv909, be sure to post in the larger thread regarding this: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/Remote-Control-volume-isn-t-working-on-my-TV-UN48JU6500/td-p/1892 

useryIaEx5hOJ3
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Didn’t work for me. 

Got it a call from a tech. To solve my issue we took the remote and held it about a 10” from the bottom right side of the screen and held the “back” arrow buttons and “pause/play” at the same time until the tv said it was connecting remote. 

Hope this his works for others. 

userDkk4nzGCOF
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After 5 hrs of screwing with this , a whopping headache and a long phone call with Direct TV I still had no volume control . I tried the battery removal and hold the power button advice to no avail BUT Your fix worked like a charm!!!! Fixed in seconds  and both remotes are now working my volume! I saved this chat just in case it happens again. I cannot thank you enough for sharing what worked for you! You saved me another hour on the phone with Samsung . 

userDkk4nzGCOF
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just to clarify , holding in the back button and the pause button on the Samsung remote while putting remote 10” away from the right corner of the tv is what finally worked. 

userVCcffgmpqm
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

should the tv be off when you try this? also which "back" button there are two "left" facing arrows 

0 Likes