JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume not working with remote

(Topic created: 12-10-2018 02:47 AM)
Chrisv909
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV was working fine yesterday I turn it on today and I had an issue with the volume not working on my Samsung remote nor on my Directv remote. So me being the guy I am I tried to figure it out on my own. Googled all possible answers, factory reset my TV. After no positive results I contacted Samsung through Live Chat. We went through the unplug TV for 60 seconds process and that didnt work. He then had me remove my batteries from my Samsung remote and hold the power button for 40-50 seconds then reinstall batteries and that seemed to work for both my TV remote and my Directv remote and I just did that process with my TV remote and it's been going strong for hours already....Hope this helps

106 Replies
userOAc4A8ig89
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Sandy

This worked for me after trying everything else brill.

0 Likes
user9sMVSrFfyp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you so much 😊 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We're glad that you're up and running!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userwibIGCeqrb
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi there - I have had this issue in my TV too (2017 Model# un65mu630d).

The solution of pressing back and pause togather "Paired" my remote with the TV again - however the issue did not get solved.

I ended up unplugging the TV and then turning it back on. This worked - however I know that this is a temporary fix and the issue would resurface soon.

Samsung Moderators: please advise.

Thanks!

0 Likes
userySFgjkXLpS
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You are amazing! Thanks!!!! 

0 Likes
userySFgjkXLpS
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked perfectly! Thank you!

0 Likes
userqDsX4CRlgQ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,

Can you please confirm what fix worked for you ?

I have a Samsung UE50MU6120 and 8 times out of 10 that we turn on the TV the volume is stuck at a random level. Using the Samsung remote or the one for our Virgin box to try to change the volume does not work. The only way we can get to change the volume is to go to Settings/Support/Self Diagnosis/Start Sound Test and when in here we can adjust the volume level and then back all the way out again. Obviously this is a massive pain in the backside just to get the volume changed.

I have been on the Samsung live chat and been through the removing the batteries from the remote routine, turning off the TV power etc etc. By luck, when we turned on the TV it was one of the 2 times out of the 10 that the volume actually worked !! The next morning we were back in the same position of the volume being stuck. 

I have also tried using the back "<<" button & play ">" button but all I get is a "Not available" message pop-up.

This is driving me mad. The remote is obiously talking to the TV OK as the volume goes up and down when using the self-diagnosis tool so I don't know why it doesn't work for adusting the volume during normal operation.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

0 Likes
userceaYHEiO0z
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Problem seems to always raise in tv as remotes and phone apps all have same pro lem.    Only fix for me that works is reseting the smart hub.

0 Likes
userMdqNoKLVkm
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had the same probelm...Samsung TV remote nor the Cox Cable remote would not adjust the volume up or down.  Tride your solution and it did not work th first time, but it worked the second time with the Samsung TV searching for devices  and then pairing the Samusung remote to the TV.  Now both the Samusng remote and the Cox Cable remote work great,  Thank you.

0 Likes
Samsung_QC0fWk1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hallellujah, that worked first try. So glad I just googled this issue instead of resetting Samsung TV. Thank you! 

0 Likes