JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume not working with remote

(Topic created: 06-08-2017 07:46 PM)
Chrisv909
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV was working fine yesterday I turn it on today and I had an issue with the volume not working on my Samsung remote nor on my Directv remote. So me being the guy I am I tried to figure it out on my own. Googled all possible answers, factory reset my TV. After no positive results I contacted Samsung through Live Chat. We went through the unplug TV for 60 seconds process and that didnt work. He then had me remove my batteries from my Samsung remote and hold the power button for 40-50 seconds then reinstall batteries and that seemed to work for both my TV remote and my Directv remote and I just did that process with my TV remote and it's been going strong for hours already....Hope this helps

JUMP TO SOLUTION
106 Replies
userfRLDFwTUXg
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

None of these solutions work for me long term. It'll fix for a bit and then either later in the day or the next day, volume doesn't function.  
I have the Samsung Electronics UN65MU6300 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)

userMzJMCNcQSH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same here with same model.  Tv worked great for 3 years and now is seeing the same problems with volume that won't go above 12 and below 11.  If I pull power cord for 1 minute the volume works temporarily then the issue returns.  Replaced batteries and tried resynching the remote.  Did a factory reset which again worked for a little while then the issue returned a day latter.

TusingTeam
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue.  And I have tried all the various "fixes" mentioned. The best I can do is turn off the TV, turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY start lowering or raising the volume while the tv is powering up. In about 10-20% of the time, this gets the volume to start working. But it reverts back to being "STUCK" in a short term. No long term solution - HELP !

userxXX6ApJRho
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You MUST reset Smarthub.

0 Likes
userKI37lFrutn
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I did & worked for a few minutes so that isn't the solution for everyone.

usertInze3fX1C
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a un65mu6500 serial # <HIDDEN> and a few weeks ago, when I turn on the TV the volume gets stuck between a few numbers.  I have to re-pair the remote to the tv, and then turn tv off and back on to get volume to work correctly again.. it will work again for a short period, but will freeze again causing me to repeat the steps to correct the issue.  I see in the community threads a lot of people having the same issue... is there a permanent fix or cause of this issue?

user7UnbekAFTJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you resolved this issue?

0 Likes
MD_Terp_66
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Your link does not work.  

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you tried the following?

Take the remote and hold it about a 10” from the bottom right side of the screen and hold the “back” arrow buttons and “pause/play” at the same time until the TV says it is connecting the remote. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userceaYHEiO0z
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This doesn't work.   Resetting smart hub solve issue.