cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkwbRcFkexo
Cosmic Ray

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

I have Model Number UN75MU8000FXZA running software version 1210. I was having these issues as well. Reading all the suggestions I went into expert settings and changed: IPv6 - Uncheck (no blue dot). It was set with the blue dot (enabled) and I also set my DNS server to 8.8.8.8. It's been last night as well as all morning so far and not one hiccup! My internet would disconnect usually once every 3 or 4, 10 minute videos. I've watched about 15 to 20 so far with success! I'm crossing my fingers that this fixed the problem. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions! Hopefully this works as well for someone else and continues to keep the problem for me resolved.

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

Earlier, I had upgraded to Samsung's latest software version, 1211.0.  Late yesterday. I set up all of the IP (PPV4) settings manually based on the information that was displayed on the IP settings screen when the TV was connected.   IPV6 is turned on with the IP  settings at automatic.  

Testing this takes time because, the TV has to be powered on at 30 minute intervals, leaving it on for about 5 min. then turning it off for 30 min.  In my situation, the connection does not drop mid-program, it just fails to connect when the tv is initially powered on.  What's crazy is that it does not happen all the time.  I was testing a different configuration earlier in the week and it successfully connected 12 times in one day.  However, the next day, it failed after the 3rd power on event. 

So far with all the IP settings manually entered, it connected successfully 2 times yesterday and 3 times today.  Not done yet though.  

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

Earlier, I had upgraded to Samsung's latest software version, 1211.0.  Late yesterday. I set up all of the IP (IPV4) settings manually based on the information that was displayed on the IP settings screen when the TV was connected.   IPV6 is turned on with the IP  settings at automatic.  

Testing this takes time because, the TV has to be powered on at 30 minute intervals, leaving it on for about 5 min. then turning it off for 30 min.  In my situation, the connection does not drop mid-program, it just fails to connect when the tv is initially powered on.  What's crazy is that it does not happen all the time.  I was testing a different configuration earlier in the week and it successfully connected 12 times in one day.  However, the next day, it failed after the 3rd power on event. 

So far with all the IP settings manually entered, it connected successfully 2 times yesterday and 3 times today.  Not done yet though.  

@user5SFDh5gBYE wrote:

I was able to get my Samsung TV to connect by manuel config of my DNS to the same as one of my PC's.

I went to my PC and right clicked on the mouse  click on run and type cmd. In the window type ipconfig /all.

That will give you all the info you need to input the correct DNS. Mine was the same as my router address.

Samsung should be able to pull the correct info in automatic.

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

It just failed after 13 successful power on events!  How can this happen?!  

Apparently, based on prior comments, Samusung support lacks the technical expertise to even bother to fix this.  They would rather further inconvenience the customer by farming it out to a 3rd party.

Samsung fails to remember the 2008 classaction lawsuit where they had to repair thousands of TVs due to bad capacitors in their power supplies.  Yes, I repaired two of those TVs 10 years later.

Is that what it is going to take for Samsung to get off their butts and fix this?  This is just bloody awful. 

I will NEVER EVER buy another Samsung TV.

Skampster
Constellation

I’ve been following the thread and tried a few of the techniques and this is what worked (for a week, so far) for me:

1. Delete existing Network. 

2. Unplug TV and replug after a minute or so

3. Add your Network and attempt to log in with any INCORRECT 8 digit password 

4. After the anticipated error message, log in with correct password 

5. Done!

CaBrA
Constellation

I own a 55 MU6100, same problem.  looses wifi when off for a while. When I turn on tv need to go through troubleshooting to solve this.

Likely that Samsung TV doesn't check internet connection when turned on.

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

@CaBrA wrote:

I own a 55 MU6100, same problem.  looses wifi when off for a while. When I turn on tv need to go through troubleshooting to solve this.

@CaBrA wrote:

I agree, that really seems to be the whole problem.   Apps are being prematurely launched before an internet connection has been established.

On my UN32M530D, I had to turn off the Smart Feature "Auto Launch Last App" because it would cause apps to not wait long enough for the internet connection to be established when the TV is initially powered on.  That would result in errors that made it that much harder to navigate back to the beginning.

Instead, I have resorted to moving the cursor back & forth over the "Search" Icon.   Doing that provides a message that you're either "Not Connected" or You can Search".   Once the appropriate message is displayed, I then move the cursor over to the app I want to launch and everything works fine.

I even put a range extender right behind the TV thinking it was some kind of signal strength issue.  But actually, hovering over the Search icon to make sure the interet connection has been established seems to be only thing that works successfully every time.

Too bad Samsung can't  put something in the Settings functions that would let users extend the App launch wait time, 30 sec. to a minute would probably do it.

CaBrA
Constellation

My modem is next to the TV. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I have provided a troubleshooting link for this issue.

CaBrA
Constellation

The information in the link isn't a solution, disconnect the tv from AC socket? I prefer running the troubleshooting of Samsung TV. But again, this is not a solution.

I'll try waiting for a few seconds next time I turn on tv to see if wifi is connected by itself.