cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaBrA
Constellation

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

DNS settings has nothing to do with WiFi problem.

DNS just interpret names to up addresses fornexample knows that test.com should point to 166.222.22.222.

When establishing connection DNS are useless. In worst scenario if DNS fail you would be connected but won't navigate any page (but stay connected).

Pls someone say if I'm wrong.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please provide us with your complete model code.

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
user2FVqdtDAV5
Constellation

I will also add that it is worth obtaining your IP address manually as well as the subnet mask and default gateway. The real issue here is the automatic wireless find function of Samsung is S***

userl7sfLUlRMU
Astronaut

This seems to have solved my issue. Thank for the post!

usertO4nmBcBRM
Astronaut

If this is a known bug and its been going on for so long, Samsung should release an update to fix the issue. Or replace the TV with a 100% working product as advertised.

I will not accepted the fact that I have to reset my network settings everytime this happens. I have this issue 3-5 times a day.

Get a grip samsung!

Fix your product! Smiley Mad

userg9T1wcly4N
Constellation

I have the UN65NU800DFXZA and I'm a little frustrated with the "SMARTTV" aspect of this unit. I'm one of those that have moved away from buying cable bc of how pricey it is and am counting on getting all my entertainment through the WIFI capabilities. I love me a Samsung as my previous flat screen model has lasted me over ten years and is still kicking! I purchased this tv from Costco and it has a lot of the technological advancements than my previous tv had, but watching on this has been difficult. I'm using multiple apps: Youtube, Hulu, HBO Go, VUDU, Pandora, Amazon Music and Video, pretty much all of them. I can't watch for more then 30 minutes without the wifi disconnecting and having to restart everything. I JUST installed the newest update and am hoping that this is the answer. If not, I'm going to have to return it as this has been a hassle. And just as i'm typing this, VUDU has disconnecte from the Network. I can't with this TV.

Libertas
Halo

I just had two large posts of mine disappear

what do I do to find my SSID and put it in and the key, what I do when i lose connection which is all the time is go to network settings, find one of my several wifi names that  i have for 2.4 or 5 gig and extender since I have one of those and i click on it and put in the password

where is this SSID and key that others are changing to get the wifi to work?

Some of the info in my now gone posts was about how Samsung says use channel 11-13 not 1-10...i am using channel 6 on my router and channel 153,  now i have NO iintention of changing it since that would probably then stop all my other devices from working.

Libertas
Halo

Furious

TV useless

Furious

userUvvhUrjlcS
Astronaut

I have the same issue, but I've found that it has to do with an overloaded modem/router...if I turn off my wireless printer (which is the nearest device to my modem/router), then my Samsung Smart tv streaming is fine.  With the printer on, however, it intermittently fails to load, tells me I don't have a connection, or audio and/or picture freezes.  So, the easiest fix is to turn off the printer when I'm streaming to the tv. 

PMoD
Constellation

I gave up.  This is really shamefull for the money this thing cost.

Salvation came this morning when I realized I could use my Apple TV for Netflix and Amazon Prime and remain untethered.

It's not as clean an interface (ie; extra steps are involved), but at least I don't have to deal with the TV's feeble WiFi issues.

If anyone from Samsung monitors this thread, kindly eat a bag of d.