cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libertas
Cosmic Ray

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Yeah I love that solution when mine is bolted to the wall and you cant get to the power cord at all. sigh

I could go out to the breaker panel and after I figure out which switch is to that part of the house as they are not labeled I could do that, but you cant do that often.  This is absurd.

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungJustin wrote:

I have provided a troubleshooting link for this issue.

Oh, c'mon you can't  be serious!  Of course the WiFi connection is going to be lost when the TV is powered off.

Samsung: You have 2 choices, when the TV is  powered on, A) Make establishing the WiFi connection more instantanious or, B) Don't launch the Apps until a WiFi connection is established. 

user2FVqdtDAV5
Constellation

This is the SOLUTION!!! I ran the ipconfig and realized that the Samsung TV Was using a random 8.8.8.8 for my DNS server. The actual DNS server number was ten digits long. I manually entered that in and had no problems!

you are a genius!

CaBrA
Constellation

Which 10 digit numbers?? 8.8.8.8 are Google public DNS there is nothing wrong with them

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

@CaBrA wrote:

Which 10 digit numbers?? 8.8.8.8 are Google public DNS there is nothing wrong with them

Try this DNS#:  208. 67. 222.222.  This is the universal Open DNS Server and it is faster than the Google 8.8.8.8.

With the Smart Feture "AutoRun Last App" surned back on, testing so far shows (3 power on events) near perfect results.  For both wireless and wired, it also seems to resolve the intermittant IPV6 connection failure.  On the Wired side, it seems to allow the Spectrum TV app to retrieve the Program Guide before retrieving the last program.

I realize this may not work for every onec but, it's worth a try.  I found this in some of my old notes from 18 months ago  regarding Windows 10 WiFi connectivity issues.  FYI fhose were resolved with updated WiFi adapter drivers.

Libertas
Cosmic Ray

Is this  Smart Feature "AutoRun Last App"   in settings somewhere?

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

@Libertas wrote:

Is this  Smart Feature "AutoRun Last App"   in settings somewhere?

Yes,on my unit it's the last item in the "GENERAL" tab which starts with "Network" and ends with "Smart Feaures".

UPDATE:  Using DNS 208.67.222.222 ultimately does not fix anything.   On the 4th power on event, WiFi couldnot connect at all.  Wired did but still the same old problem.

I am now more convinced that the real problem is apps are being launched before an internet connection is established.  That's for both wireless and wired.

Samsung would do well to issue a statement about what the correct DNS setting should be.

CaBrA
Constellation

DNS settings has nothing to do with WiFi problem.

DNS just interpret names to up addresses fornexample knows that test.com should point to 166.222.22.222.

When establishing connection DNS are useless. In worst scenario if DNS fail you would be connected but won't navigate any page (but stay connected).

Pls someone say if I'm wrong.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please provide us with your complete model code.

user2FVqdtDAV5
Constellation

I will also add that it is worth obtaining your IP address manually as well as the subnet mask and default gateway. The real issue here is the automatic wireless find function of Samsung is S***