cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libertas
Cosmic Ray

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

You are not alone, I assume there is a HARDWARE issue. I wonder if Sony has the same issues or LG, betting no. Also wondering about color banding, I have it real bad.
userPCyeGGSbCy
Constellation

Spend 30 bucks for a fire stick.
userRs0pGRacTt
Astronaut

I got a Firestick.  Did seem to work better at first than Spectrum.  But, now is messing up frequently.  Hangs, sometimes sound goes off but picture continues.  Frequently now says no internet connection while computer works just fine.  The reason I purchased a Samsung is customer service rep at Spectrum told me it was the only smart tv that would work with their special offer.  

DS55
Cosmic Ray

I have the same problem with our UN49MU8000 running 1156. Everything else in the house stays connected. The only way to get connected again seems to be to reset my Xfinity WIFI router. 

I hope there’s a fix for this.

Thanks

DS

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

DS55, how far is it from the router?

ATEXInspectsLLC
Constellation

What's weird is my New Samsung QLED 55in has been doing the same thing to where it won't connect to WIFI, I tried all the suggestions recommended by everyone. But the one thing i found that worked for me when it disconnected was,

1. If you have some accessory connected ... Firestick, Wireless Soundbar, Xbox... etc, 

go make sure it is connected to the internet & is successfully getting internet.

For some reason my Samsung WIFI couldn't connect until the other things plugged in were connected.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for the input!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Libertas
Cosmic Ray

Everything connected to my TV is connected to the internet.  Has been.  But all  the info you can provide is helpful.

ATEXInspectsLLC
Constellation

Did you try disconnecting the accessories . (i.e. firestick, xbox, ... ) & then trying the network reset ? just curious...

jid918
Asteroid

I had the identical issue!  Drove me absolutely crazy.  i was convinced it was the samsung TV.  Almost went out and bought another one.  Decided since my router was 7 years old, i would atleast try a new dual band (2.4 & 5) and if it didnt work, atleast i would have a new modem.  I installed the new router and put my Samsung TV on band 5.  Well, fingers crossed and actually forgetting what it felt like to have my samsung TV actually work and stay connected to wifi, IT WORKED!  It stays on ALL DAY LONG!  I listen to music on it and I am constantly happy when i hear it still palying when i am in a new room.  Unlike the 50 other suggests on here (BUT THANKS TO THOSE WHO POSTED TO TRY TO HELP!!!), this one worked.  Now - i absolutley love my samsung TV - and i was about to literally throw it away.

i hope this works for you.  

James D.