cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaBrA
Constellation

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

It seems its a common problem in Samsung devices, I have a Samsung TV and a Printer and they are the only two devices that have problems connecting to WiFi. Its simple, device loose connection and it dont try re connecting as all devices in the world.

Libertas
Cosmic Ray

Return the TV if you can, before it is too late, LG and Sony dont do this

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

@Libertas wrote:

Return the TV if you can, before it is too late, LG and Sony dont do this

I agree.  At the same time, it's a matter of principle.  I wanted to prove to Samsung that they, in fact, have a serious software problem (my posts from 7-10-18).  Samsung should be making products that actually work without all these headaches.   That they apparently have not done anything to resolve these issues even on newer models is unconcionable. 

This UN32M530DAF is the last Samsung brand product I will buy.

userUWuxmrSlMZ
Constellation

Thank you this worked for me. Much easier than unplugging pressing the reset button then doing a restart. Even if I have to do it again. 

userIgg3hF188e
Constellation

I have a UN55F8000BF of 2013 vintage and recently began to experience this problem - frequent wifi dropouts in the presence of otherwise good signal and other devices in the same area remaining connected.

I requested a tech support LiveChat via the Samsung website and the tech initiated a remote diagnostic session. The tech then turned off a setting called "instant off" (not user-accessible) and he claims this will keep the connection active until disconnected manually. I had to do a hard power cycle -- unplug, wait 1 min, plug in again -- and so far, so good.

I'll post back here in a day or so -- the drops were happening frequently so I should know fairly quickly if this resolved the problem or not.

I'm running the 1217 version of the firmware, which is later than the latest version for this TV available over the web, FWIW.

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

I had a similar problem in July of this year which was resolved by a subsequent Firmware update.  Assuning the most current update is available for your unit, I'm a little surprised that the Tech didn't get that update installed on your unit.  Their doing that may have avoided the need to disable "Instant On".  As it is

@userIgg3hF188e wrote:

I have a UN55F8000BF of 2013 vintage and recently began to experience this problem - frequent wifi dropouts in the presence of otherwise good signal and other devices in the same area remaining connected.

I requested a tech support LiveChat via the Samsung website and the tech initiated a remote diagnostic session. The tech then turned off a setting called "instant off" (not user-accessible) and he claims this will keep the connection active until disconnected manually. I had to do a hard power cycle -- unplug, wait 1 min, plug in again -- and so far, so good.

I'll post back here in a day or so -- the drops were happening frequently so I should know fairly quickly if this resolved the problem or not.

I'm running the 1217 version of the firmware, which is later than the latest version for this TV available over the web, FWIW.

now, if installing the latest update does correct the problem, the Tech will need to be asked to reenable Instant On function.

userIgg3hF188e
Constellation

1217 is the latest available ***for my model TV***, even online via web download/USB, and that's what I'm running.

No matter, it didn't fix the problem.

Not sure if it's the same feature as "Instant On", or its inverse, but tech said he disabled "Instant Off". What is this feature, anyway?  

userJKgnwr51ln
Astronaut

Okay, I was having the same issue. The longer I had my TV connected to WiFi, the more often it would disconnect.

I could get it to reconnect for a while by reentering the WiFi SSID and password but eventually it would only stay connected for less than a minute. It was real problematic.

I think I found a solution that works on a more long term basis.

After reading this help section for the UN58MU6071FXZA model:

https://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=711210&modelname=UN...

I decided to try changing from 5.0GHz to 2.4GHz as per the bullet point under step 3.

This was not an issue as I had already given 2.4 and 5.0 different SSIDs on my router for other reasons.

After that, WiFi stopped disappearing every minute.

I'm not sure why it worked considering the 5.0GHz network worked fine for about a year and I haven't added any new devices that may have interfered with it but it has been working overnight without any issues.

If I have the same problem again in the future on the 2.4GHz network, I will let you know all know.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userJKgnwr51ln, thank you for sharing this with us. Please keep us posted. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userlbaImnCl36
Constellation

Called Samsung Tech Support today and they disabled the instant on feature and so far my TV has not lost wifi.  Its a known bug by Samsung.