cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony_TD
Constellation

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

userH7CguUL3RF

 

Rather report them to the wifi alliance at https://www.wi-fi.org/ since the product carries the ceritfied wifi badge it must conform. If enough people complain to the wifi alliance they will get samsung to take this seriously

Reply
Loading...
Dave R
Cosmic Ray

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?


@userLl6rcDIQMT wrote:

I signed up just so my message can help someone.

 

Your Samsung tv is DEFECTIVE. Yes you read that correctly. Stores continue to sell Samsung 6 series even though they are well aware that this wifi disconnection issue will never go away.

 

8 months of chasing samsung and 2 Better business bureau complaints later, they sent a technician who changed the entire pcu and wifi parts. Basically there is no part left to change. 

 

If you’re still under return perIod, go return it NOW. If not, fight to return it. Dispute it through your credit card. Do whatever you can to send this defective tv back. Sad. They make such pretty colours on tv. 



@userLl6rcDIQMT wrote:

I signed up just so my message can help someone.

 

Your Samsung tv is DEFECTIVE. Yes you read that correctly. Stores continue to sell Samsung 6 series even though they are well aware that this wifi disconnection issue will never go away.

 

8 months of chasing samsung and 2 Better business bureau complaints later, they sent a technician who changed the entire pcu and wifi parts. Basically there is no part left to change. 

 

If you’re still under return perIod, go return it NOW. If not, fight to return it. Dispute it through your credit card. Do whatever you can to send this defective tv back. Sad. They make such pretty colours on tv. 


I completely agree.  All of the "fixes" noted in this thread should nt have to be done at all.  For many, they appear to only temporary. 

 

For my UN32M530DAF,  the intermittent network connection failure at power on is due to a Samsung SOFTWARE problem.  GERRRR!

 

The "Instant On" feature in the software was not allowing enough time for the network connection to be established and the technician disabled it.  Now, when the TV is powered on, the network connection is established before anything else happens.  Unfortunately however, that has now caused the "Auto On Last App" Smart feature to not function properly and I had to turn it off. 

 

I have just driven 50 miles round trip and spent 4 hours of MY day, not to mention countless hours of MY time in diagnostics,  just to resolve a problem that is due to a Samsung software error!  To say that I am more than a little annoyed is an understatement.

 

Samsung needs thoroughly examine this functionality, develop the necessary code to resolve and issue a new Firmware update that addresses this entire problem for all models including UN32M530DAF.  

Reply
Loading...
CaBrA
Constellation

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

How to disable instant on?

Reply
Loading...
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

 

CaBrA, are you referring to a connected device turning the television on or the network turning the television on?

Reply
Loading...
CaBrA
Constellation

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

About this:

The "Instant On" feature in the software was not allowing enough time for the network connection to be established and the technician disabled it. Now, when the TV is powered on, the network connection is established before anything else happens. Unfortunately however, that has now caused the "Auto On Last App" Smart feature to not function properly and I had to turn it off.
Reply
Loading...
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

 

CaBrA, if the technician is the one that turned it off, you would have to call into our Remote Support team at 1-800-SAMSUNG to turn it back on. If they are unable to do so, a technician would have to come back out. 

Reply
Loading...
Dave R
Cosmic Ray

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?


@SamsungGill wrote:

 

CaBrA, if the technician is the one that turned it off, you would have to call into our Remote Support team at 1-800-SAMSUNG to turn it back on. If they are unable to do so, a technician would have to come back out. 


Pleasae re-read my entire post!

This whole thing is a Samsung software problem.  All Samsung moderators should be communicating to Samsung and telling them to fix.   Instant On is interfering with estsablishing the network connection.  That is why the Tech. disabled it.

As noted by the model # UN32M530DAF that I included in my post, this is a 32 in. TV!  Due, to Samsung's repair policy, I would have take it back in, another 50 mile round trip drive and 4 hours of MY time.  Unless, this time around, Samsung is willing to send a Tech. to my house?

Reply
Loading...
Dave R
Cosmic Ray

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?


@SamsungGill wrote:

 

CaBrA, are you referring to a connected device turning the television on or the network turning the television on?


Neither.  turning on the tv using the remote and it intermittently failing to connect to a wireless or wired network.

Reply
Loading...
Dave R
Cosmic Ray

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?


@Dave R wrote:

@SamsungGill wrote:

 

CaBrA, are you referring to a connected device turning the television on or the network turning the television on?


Neither.  turning on the tv using the remote and it intermittently failing to connect to a wireless or wired network.


This is a follow up to my message from 7-10 regarding the Samsung software problem of “Instant On” interfering with establishing a network connection.

I believe it is safe to assume that because this is a software problem, it is highly likely that the condition exists in every UN32M530DAF TV that has been produced by Samsung.  It may also exist in more recent models as well.  As such, I believe there is significant urgency in Samsung correcting this problem as quickly as possible.

Additionally, now that I know where to look, by accessing the TV’s Service menu, I have been able to locate the exact setting that the technician disabled on 7-10, Mute + 1 + 8 + 2 + Power > Option > MRT > Instant On.   As noted, setting “Instant On” to OFF, allows the needed time for the Network connection to be established. However, I have also been able to determine that the functionality of the Smart feature “Auto Launch Last App” and “Instant On” are related.   Setting “Instant On” to ON enables “Auto Launch Last App” while setting “Instant On” to OFF disables it. For now, the only way to ensure that a network connection is established when the TV is powered on, is to have “Instant On” turned off. But that also means, that the last app used will not be launched automatically and instead must be launched manually.

I look forward to hearing when Samsung will be issuing a Firmware update to correct this problem.

Reply
Loading...
Libertas
Cosmic Ray

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

So, let me understand, my TV is on and I do this?

 

Mute + 1 + 8 + 2 + Power > Option > MRT > Instant On

 

A. with tv ON hit mute button

B. then push # 1 then push #8 then push #2 then 

 

option?  where will that be?

 

Is there a plus sign somewhere?  Confused.

Reply
Loading...