cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black Hole

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

@Libertas: Can I get your full model number? 

Libertas
Cosmic Ray

un65ks800dfxza

have a 50 inch also, bought same time Costco, the model line just below this model line, dont have the number handy

mine are both working now, but I have no doubt they will put me thru all this over again when I move which I am doing soon...i may have resolved my issue with wifi extenders that should not have been necessary

Black Hole

Thank you for that information. Does your unit use a Smart Remote? 

Libertas
Cosmic Ray

Smart remote? Not sure , it is small and black and only has a few buttons on it. It does NOT function all of my equipment, I assume if it is meant to it has to be programmed to
Black Hole

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

@Libertas wrote:

So, let me understand, my TV is on and I do this?

Mute + 1 + 8 + 2 + Power > Option > MRT > Instant On

A. with tv ON hit mute button

B. then push # 1 then push #8 then push #2 then 

option?  where will that be?

Is there a plus sign somewhere?  Confused.

If you choose to do this, a high degree of caution should be used or the results can be disasterous. 

I looked up elsewhere how to access the TV Service menu and decided to take a look around to see if I could find what the technician did yesterday when I took my UN32M530DAF in for repair. 

There are many settings and values displayed for which definitions appear to be unavailable to us clients.  That I stumbled on the "Instant On" setting, was just by chance.  Also note, that disabling "Instant On" appears to only correct the intermittent network connection failure when the TV is initially powered on.  I am not aware of that action doing anything to correct the network connection being dropped in mid-stream.  In either case, would suggest asking a Forum Moderator to make arrngements to get your TV repaired.

For me, this is not over until Samsung issues a Firmware update that corrects the sofware problem that has been identified.

If you choose to access the TV's Service menu, the TV needs to be powered off before entering the access codes noted.  Be very careful.

Libertas
Cosmic Ray

Thanks, there was NO way I was doing this if it involved anything outside the usual menus and operations.
userlW4bdHhtXV
Constellation

Hello, I'm having the same problem with my UN55ES7100. 

As well as not connecting to internet, it switches itself on and off constantly (probably because it's trying to connect to the internet). 

Anyway, I can see from the many reports that there's no real solution, so I have been looking at Sony and LG.  Anyone have any recommendations?  It irks me to have spent so much money, and to foolishly think it would last more than 4 years... And for sure I shall try and warn others, it's only fair. 

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

Firmware Update V 1221.0 - On 7-19, Samsung pushed out this new update to their web site.   The new file has been downloaded, copied to a USB flash drive and installed in my UN32M530DAF.  This new update may also address the wifi connection being dropped mid-stream.   So, I would suggest that users with any wired or wireless connectivity problems install this new update.

In my case, there is an intermittent failure in establishing an internet network connection (wired & wireless) when the TV is initially powered on. On the wired side with a network cable connected from my range extender to the TV, this new update has immediately corrected the weird app performance behavior I and been experiencing and did successfully establish a network connection with each of several power on events. For wireless, I first connected to my original 5G network from my router (15 ft away) without using the range extender. The connection failed to connect at the 3rd power on event. I then connected to the 5G network from the range extender (3 ft away). The connection failed to connect after the 2nd power on event. When the wireless connection was established successfully, the elapsed time for connection was longer than with a wired connection.

With the TV now using a wired connection, again I still cannot say for sure yet if this new update has resolved my issues. That will only be proven by powering on the TV at 15 to 30 minute intervals multiple times to see if the connection is established successfully every time. For sure however, Samsung still has a great deal of work to do to resolve this wireless connectivity problem. I will report back in a day or two with an update.

It is interesting to note that this firmware update came 9 days after I reported on that this condition is due to a Samsung software problem. That would appear to be pretty quick turnaround. It could be that Samsung was already working on a possible fix and maybe all of our comments put their feet to the fire.

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

@Dave R wrote:

Firmware Update V 1221.0 - On 7-19, Samsung pushed out this new update to their web site.   The new file has been downloaded, copied to a USB flash drive and installed in my UN32M530DAF.  This new update may also address the wifi connection being dropped mid-stream.   So, I would suggest that users with any wired or wireless connectivity problems install this new update.

In my case, there is an intermittent failure in establishing an internet network connection (wired & wireless) when the TV is initially powered on. On the wired side with a network cable connected from my range extender to the TV, this new update has immediately corrected the weird app performance behavior I and been experiencing and did successfully establish a network connection with each of several power on events. For wireless, I first connected to my original 5G network from my router (15 ft away) without using the range extender. The connection failed to connect at the 3rd power on event. I then connected to the 5G network from the range extender (3 ft away). The connection failed to connect after the 2nd power on event. When the wireless connection was established successfully, the elapsed time for connection was longer than with a wired connection.

With the TV now using a wired connection, again I still cannot say for sure yet if this new update has resolved my issues. That will only be proven by powering on the TV at 15 to 30 minute intervals multiple times to see if the connection is established successfully every time. For sure however, Samsung still has a great deal of work to do to resolve this wireless connectivity problem. I will report back in a day or two with an update.

It is interesting to note that this firmware update came 9 days after I reported on that this condition is due to a Samsung software problem. That would appear to be pretty quick turnaround. It could be that Samsung was already working on a possible fix and maybe all of our comments put their feet to the fire.

This is an update to my critique of the latest Firmware Update V 1221.0 on 7-19.

This update only addresses the wired network connection. That is the only option that consistently establishes a network connection successfully when the TV is initially powered on. Moreover, this wired connection is from a range extender that receives its 5G wifi signal from the router that this TV intermittently fails to connect to.   Obviously, Samsung still needs to address the network connection failure when a wireless connection is used.

As noted in my posts from 7-10 & 11, this is a Samsung software problem that has been identified by a Samsung authorized service technician. It is caused by the internal setting “Instant On” not allowing enough time for the internet connection to be established. Because this is a software problem, it is highly likely that the condition exists in every UN32M530DAF TV that Samsung has produced. It may also exist in more recent models as well. As such, I believe there is significant urgency in Samsung correcting this problem as quickly as possible.

Question: Has Samsung considered possibly leaving the power on in the WiFi module on when the rest of the TV is powered off? That would be similar to how some Internet Streaming players like Roku operate. Leaving power on to the WiFi module would mean that once the connection is established, it stays connected and does not have to be reestablished every time the TV is powered on.

At this point, I believe Samsung should consider providing financial compensation given all of the time and effort I have expended in an attempt to solve their problem.