cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaBrA
Constellation

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Why tv says there is no new update but in my country website there is a new one?

I don't need money compensation but not giving some stupid answer to my email support would be fine.

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

@CaBrA wrote:

Why tv says there is no new update but in my country website there is a new one?

I don't need money compensation but not giving some stupid answer to my email support would be fine.

There wasn't a new update on my UN32M530DAF TV either.  It only appeared on Samsung's web site for my model number.  I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't checked.  Agreed, having to download and put the files on a flash drive is a pain. Samsung needs to answer why that is.  I don't get it either.

Conspicuously absent here is any response about this issue from Samsung for about 2 weeks.  That's about the time they were informed that they had a verified software problem.  There was not even any notice on this thread  that there was a new update that could potentially address this network connectivity issue.  

There does seem to be commnication breakdown somewhere.

userlW4bdHhtXV
Constellation

Thanks for all your efforts, you are certainly expending more time and energy than any Samsung associate.  I'm fairly gobsmacked that a Samsung representative hasn't just admitted this is a problem they either don't know how to fix, or maybe they would prefer you to go out and buy a new Samsung TV (not on my watch, mate)..

Clearly hundreds of people have had a problem with a) wifi staying connected b) TV turning itself on and off - which i believe is because it's trying to connect to the internet and has a meltdown when it can't.  I have tried every solution presented here to no avail.

It's not just that i resent spending that money for a short usage period.  I don't really want to throw a massive object like that into the landfill. 

userlW4bdHhtXV
Constellation

My above message is for Dave who is doing all Samsung's research for them.

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

@userlW4bdHhtXV wrote:

Thanks for all your efforts, you are certainly expending more time and energy than any Samsung associate.  I'm fairly gobsmacked that a Samsung representative hasn't just admitted this is a problem they either don't know how to fix, or maybe they would prefer you to go out and buy a new Samsung TV (not on my watch, mate)..

Clearly hundreds of people have had a problem with a) wifi staying connected b) TV turning itself on and off - which i believe is because it's trying to connect to the internet and has a meltdown when it can't.  I have tried every solution presented here to no avail.

It's not just that i resent spending that money for a short usage period.  I don't really want to throw a massive object like that into the landfill. 

Thanks for the comments.

It is really unconcionable that Samsung has not come out and admitted that they have a serious internet connectivity problem. 

Their silence is saying that we consumers should no longer consider buying their products.

userhzywDvWQUt
Constellation

Fixed my WiFi issue. Created a guest network and put only the tv on the guest network. No more WiFi issues

userhzywDvWQUt
Constellation

Update: 6 days with TV on Guest network and not one issue. Works flawlessly! I hope this helps everyone.

Libertas
Cosmic Ray

I havent tried it yet, but will if I need to, for now the extender is still working.

Sadly I have lost any faith in Samsung products that connect to the internet and I will be buying approximately $15,000 in kitchen and TV products in the next year and now will spend it on LG and Sony, maybe Kenmore Elite.

userNDlRaqBCya
Astronaut

Based on userhzywDvWQUt post I created a guest network and only connected my TV to that network. This solved my issue as well. Hope it works for others.

Thanks

CaBrA
Constellation

That is far from a solution