Original topic:

Wi-Fi connect problem

(Topic created: 07-19-2021 09:38 AM)
dlpg47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Model: UN55TU8000FXZA  Current s/w version: 1460  

As has been reported by others wi-fi connection fails after powering off TV.  To enable, the current "fix" is to hold power button down until the Tizen screen appears then its OK until power down, then repeat "fix".

No wi-fi problems with any other devices, except the TV.

Months ago I read that Samsung is aware of the problem and a fix is coming soon.  Can we get an update on when the fix will become available.  

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Here's a link to the update: https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=US&CttFileID=7983794&CD...  make sure that you have a USB with at least 8GB of free space on the flash drive (or 12GB total if the zip file is also on the flash drive).  We apologize for any inconvenience's that this may have caused.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
dlpg47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Thanks but why isn't this update available OTA? Customers may not want or know how to deal with this method.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

OTA would send it to every television and it's only certain models that are doing it so the update is only available through the USB method.  If you are needing assistance setting that up, here are the steps to get you up and running with the update.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
dlpg47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Nudge on the f/w update question. 

0 Likes
dlpg47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Today I downloaded the latest f/w for my TV -- v2016.1 dated 7/8/2021.

Are updates cumulative? In other words, does this update contain the "fix" for the wi-fi problem or was that a "special" update of some sort.

Will not update until I hear back.  

0 Likes
dlpg47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After a failed attempt to update via USB, the second try seemed to work.  Software is now at 1469.1 from initial 1460.  Wi-fi "held" after power cycle.

Hope this takes care of the problem, but I feel for others who suffer from this and have no idea this community exists or are not capable of doing this update themselves. 

Guess I'll check the Samsung Download Center from time to time to check for updates that might not be available OTA.    

0 Likes
dlpg47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

For grins, I just checked the Samsung Download Center for my model TV and found a newer version of firmware that was dated 7/8/2021.  Does this newer version include the wi-fi fix plus other stuff?  

dlpg47_0-1626732451976.png

0 Likes
dlpg47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Oh and why isn't the above f/w update available OTA ?  What's the purpose of OTA if updates are really not available using that method?

0 Likes