cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUvrb3VVZRk
Constellation

Wireless connect Samsung Laptop to Samsung Tv

I downloaded smartview to my windows 10, the samsung tv shows up on my device list and it also shows up on the samsung smart TV but the laptop is not able to conect to the TV and mirror it.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Wireless connect Samsung Laptop to Samsung Tv

Are both devices connected to the same 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band? This can affect usability. Please go to Settings>Support>Contact Samsung on the television and provide the full model code and current software version.

useroTKzzAtJf9
Constellation

Re: Wireless connect Samsung Laptop to Samsung Tv

Samsung generally supports TV models for about 2 years.

Smart View hasn't been supported by Samsung since 2016.

See: https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/smart-view-2/

I'm not sure what Samsung's current strategy is for streaming Windows 10 to Samsung TVs... it probably involves something to do with Windows 10 "Cast to Device" - but, I don't think they would necessarily be supporting that on any particular TV.

Trying to put a PC inside a TV isn't really a "go forward" strategy.  It's probably better to buy an external device and connect it to your Samsung TV via HDMI.  If you try to use the Samsung built in computer technology - you will just have a lot of headaches - it's not worth it.  I will say that the  Netflix app almost always works.

My wife is always asking for this type of functionality - so, I just copy what ever files she wants to use to a USB flash drive and that works at least 95% of the time.