cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Worst Customer Service Experience (Ks8500)

My Samsung 55 Inch Ks8500 Curved TV died last month.  It was frustrating that a tv that cost over $1,100 dies after a few years so i decided to do a quick search.  Google led me here, where Ive noticed several people with the same model/year of TV had the same problem (the screen has big green lines and no picture).

Once I posted here,  a lowered was kind enough to help me and authorized a one time free repair.  I thought,  good job samsung!  

Unfortunately that repair was cancelled and I was forwarded to the refund/exchange dept.   This is where the terrible customer service began.  

The first offer they made to me for a refund was $330.  I asked them why that was so low because I have noticed people here saying they got a full refund.  They asked me for my bill of sale, which I provided,  which led to offer #2. 

Offer #2 was $290.  They lowered the offer.  Frustrated, I told them I would think about it and I got off the line.  Which led to offer #3.  

Offer # 3 came when Samsung called me, out of the blue.  Samsung said their last offer was wrong and they fixed it.  Offer # 3 was for $744.  I was happy with this offer and I spent over an hour on hold while they fixed the offer and sent me an email with the information I needed to fill out to receive the money.  I filled it out and waited, until offer # 4 came a couple of days later.  

Offer # 4 came when Samsung called me and said the last offer was wrong again.  They recalculated and the correct offer is in fact $330.  Furious,  I asked how and why the last offer could be erased since I had accepted it?  Eventually I talked to someone who told me they agreed the $330 offer was too low and they would recalculate it again.  I was assured, dont worry the next offer will be higher.  Offer # 5 then came. 

A couple days later Samsung called me again with Offer # 5.  They lowered it again to $290.  At this point it felt like I was being pranked so I hung up.  

Fast forward to yesterday, because i didnt accept their offer samsung called me again and decided to offer a coupon 50% off any item in their shop.  I was told I could consider the offer and call back if I wanted to accept.  I called back a few minutes later and it was too late so I had to call again today.  Today when I called, they told me the 50% off offer did not exist.  So, apparently I was lied to again.  

i dont expect anyone to care, especially not Samsung at this point, but I want to share this with anyone considering buying any samsung products.   I cant imagine I'll ever buy samsung again.  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Worst Customer Service Experience (Ks8500)

That sounds about right. I purchased my current phone brand-new and directly from Samsung which is a Galaxy Note 9, for the first and will also be the last time I ever buy anything else directly from them too since I didn't even have it a month when all of the Samsung Apps quit working (it was a well-known issue going on with the Note 9s and should have been recalled) after installing the first software update... Samsung Customer Service Dept is the WORST I have EVER dealt with in my life! They DO NOT stand behind their products nor their warranties...

p.s. the Samsung SHealth & Samsung Pay Apps finally started working again on my phone since I purchased it nearly 2 years ago this coming December
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Worst Customer Service Experience (Ks8500)

Mine isnt going to start working and Samsung doesn't care.

Im surprised they treat their customers this way. I'm going to tell everyone I know to avoid Samsung products from now on. i used to be a staunch supporter, but not anymore.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Worst Customer Service Experience (Ks8500)

Well Samsung has not been able to tell me why they have made so many offers and retracted so many offers.  

It looks like my only option is a refund of 1/4th of what I paid for the TV.   I will be taking that money, assuming they haven't lied again and actually give me the money, and putting it towards a Sony or LG.  

No more Samsung products for me.