Original topic:

Xbox One X, AVR, Q90T no 4K UHD on XBOX

(Topic created: 08-04-2020 04:42 PM)
usercZfI9mysH4
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Community,

I have an XBox One X running to a Pioneer Elite VSX-51 and from there through an audioquest cinnamon cable to my Q90T.  

My Xbox is not showing any green check marks on the tv settings and there is no 4K UHD selectable only 1080p and 1440p.  when I try to move it to 1440 it says please connect to HDMI 4 which is the game port on the tv it's already connected to.  Other than this the tv and Xbox are working fine. 

i think it might be my AVR, but I'm hoping there is a solution here.  Please help. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thanks for the update! We're glad you were able to figure it out. I'm in a similar boat with my receiver so I definitely understand.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur if you connect the Xbox directly to the TV? Also, are you using a 6ft HDMI cable or a longer one? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usercZfI9mysH4
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I was able to sort it out.  My AVR doesn't support 4K so I direct connected to the tv and used the Xbox optical port to the AVR.  Works perfectly.  

next issue is when the Xbox Series X comes

out they are removing the optical port from the platform, so looks like everyone will have to get creative to use our old AVRs.  

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thanks for the update! We're glad you were able to figure it out. I'm in a similar boat with my receiver so I definitely understand.

View solution in context

0 Likes
usercZfI9mysH4
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My thought is I'll use a hdmi to optical converter when XSX comes out, that should work.  

thanks is for the replies!

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

No problem at all! Additionally, if the receiver supports ARC, just connect it to the television's ARC port and turn on Anynet+ in the television menu.

0 Likes