Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Yet another UN65KS8000FXZA power cycling issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As a quick update to everybody following the thread:

The first visit was quoted at almost $500 for exploratory work and potential replacement parts (a main board and power board).  I was not confident that the boards were going to resolve the issue, and believed a panel replacement might be necessary.  That would bring this repair to well over 50% the cost of the unit.  That's when you graciously offered to replace everything under a one time warranty.

After the first visit, Service Quick Inc's technician immediately determined a panel was needed as well, which would be covered under the warranty you'd authorized.

After the second visit, the panel replacement was defective out of the box (a horizontal black bar on the left side of the screen).  Service Quick authorized a replacement panel at no cost.

The third visit was scheduled today.  I observed the Service Quick Inc technician forcefully remove the new panel (still in the cardboard box) from his truck, and let it fall to the ground (he did not have anybody to help him remove it from the truck.  I would have offered but was not fast enough.).  The replacement was very quick, he saw the TV boot up to the Welcome screen, and he left.

I went back downstairs 10 minutes later to set up and test the TV.  I needed to re-pair the remote to the TV (which make sense due to the new main board) but that indicated to me that he did not test the TV at all beyond booting it up (how could he, the remote didn't work).  I re-paired the remote, and when the screen changed, I observed a vertical bar on the right side of the TV.

I immediately took a picture, and called Service Quick Inc.  Service Quick's phone responder claimed that, as the technician  had "already left" and hadn't "seen this with their own eyes" that they were unable to authorize a replacement panel, despite a very similar incident occurring less than a week ago.  This was in the space of 15 minutes from when the technician left my house.  Service Quick is claiming that, because the technician did not observe this fault (despite the fact that he had not tested thoroughly and could not have seen this due to inadequate testing), Samsung has to authorize any further replacement parts.

I've reached back out to Samsung for further steps, and we're hopeful a 4th visit from a different service center may finally resolve this.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV (the 55" version) just started doing the same thing to me and my wife. Now reading your post, I am not all that hopeful for a remedy. Same as you, purchased this at the end of 2016 and paid a pretty penny for a "future proof" TV. Bought the extended warranty from BB, and now two years out of warranty, my TV isn't starting up properly like it was on day one and again 3 days ago. I made my own post, but I want to follow your experience as well.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the same issue with my 65" TV UN65KS8000FXZA version FA01. Also happened when I paused Netflix and walked away for a few minutes.  Powers on for two seconds then off again. I've done everything in all the forums for the past month. I have searched all over the Internet and the parts (a main board and power supply) are very hard to find. It seems like this is a widespread issue since the parts are so scarce. Is Samsung doing anything about this? This TV should have lasted a lot more than 3 years.  I have a 10 year old one still running with no issues! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is so disheartening....  my UN65KS8000FXZA just about an hour ago started doing the power cycling thing.  I bought mine around the same time everyone on this post did also, 11/2016.  It has worked just fine the last 3 years.  For the amount of money that I (we) shelled out on this equipment, I figured it would have worked a bit longer.     
I'm supposed to get a call from the tech tomorrow for a home consult but I'm thinking another TV is the right way to go at this point, reading everyone else's posts. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all, OP here with an update (apologies for the delay).

The issue has since been resolved by Samsung.  I do have to say that, while this particular failure has been frustrating, and my initial interactions with Samsung were painfully unhelpful, I am happy that we reached a resolution.

After my initial post here, Samsung reached out directly to me to coordinate a one-time replacement at no cost to me.

After several failures with the first company, Samsung contacted a different company in my area to facilitate the repair and we've been happy ever since.

Again, this was all done at no cost to me.

I did learn in the course of this that for this particular model of television and this particular failure  that if you replace the panel, it is REQUIRED that you also replace the main board.  These two components are intrinsically linked and MUST be replaced together at the same time.  Otherwise, a bad board will kill a new screen, and vice versa. 

I hope this information is helpful to others with this issue, and hope Samsung will acknowledge a larger problem with a subset of this model.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am glad to see that finally someone has received help from Samsung. My UN65ks8500F is doing exactly the same thing.  It doesn't stay on long enough to try any of the suggested fixes. I am devastated because of the price I paid for what I thought was a top of the line TV.  I have a smaller Vizio and a 3D LG which are both much older and still working as new.  Do you have a number for the person or Dept. that finally helped you resolve your issue?

Thank you in advance.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately no.  

Samsung's firt tier of phone support (who I suspect is outsourced) was not helpful, nor was their first tier of Internet chat support.  After escalation in the Internet chat support I was hopeful, and was directed to schedule a house call with a Samsung partner.

That partner was the one who insisted on me committing to pay upwards of $500 for an initial vist without guarantee of repair (they insisted they needed to pre-buy the parts).

At that point I became so frustrated I posted this post, and within hours a Samsung rep contacted me via PM on this forum. 

They set up a session with the same Samsung partner, who came 3 times to no avail.  After I complained again, they contacted a different Samsung partner who was able to complete the repair, and was surprised at the poor execution of the first partner.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV is doing the same thing and I was quoted $920 dollars to replace the one connect?? Confused what is the solution ? I paid $1600 for this TV and just paid a Samsung tech $95 to come out and look at the TV ideally applying that $95 towards the visit would have been ideal . 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you send me a private message? http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK  I would love to look into this further for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My UN65KS8000FXA TV is doing the same thing and it started the same way as the other posts reported. We called Samsung customer service and they were no help after hours on the phone with them. We were told there were no service centers in our area. We live in a major city so I found that hard to believe. Searching online I found a TV repair tech. He came to the house and replaced the module board. Still had the issue. Then came back and replaced the power board. Still had the issue. So he is totaly stumped and I am left with a TV that doesn't work. I thought Samsung made good products but from the other posts on this common issue I doubt I will but another Samsung TV. If anyone can help me or lead me to the solution please let me know. Thanks.