cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSsp0Iukmpf
Astronaut

YouTube App 8K

There are actual 8K videos on YouTube. However, wnen I go to the YouTube app on my Q900R, the resolution tops out at 4K.  I even tried using the browser to go to youtube.com without luck.  Is there a configuration that I am missing to get actual 8k content on my 8k tv?  I know the TV does upconvert, but I want to see what true 8k looks like and how well my current bandwidth supports.  I can stream 4k just fine, but I want to stress the network and see how it performs.

4 REPLIES 4
userDjbRqK7wiD
Astronaut

Re: YouTube App 8K

I was wondering the same thing. I'm trying to find out how to view true 8K content on my new Q900R. I was hoping to send 8K from my pc, but apparently the HDMI port on the pc cannot handle 8K. Maybe the display ports can be adapted to HDMI?

usergGFWkNz9pq
Constellation

You can set the TV to Shop Mode, It will then display an 8K video from Samsung. Further if you search in Google for NASA 8K video you wii find one specific Version for the Q900 which you can download on usb and play it on the tv. It's gorgeous, Don't know of any other sources. 

Highlighted
usergGFWkNz9pq
Constellation

Unfortunately the Samsung app for You Tube does not correctly work and Samsung argues that You Tube  needs to fix this. This is of course not what Iwould call good customer service. Although with this app it would be a good opportunity for Samsung to prove that their TVs can display 8k videos.

EliteScientist
Constellation

We're in the second month of 2020 and this issue still persists. Does anyone at Samsung plan on getting this fixed? We would like to view 8K content on our TVs. I just recently purchased the 82" Q900R and have yet to play any 8K content.