Original topic:

YouTube Voice Search missing

(Topic created on: 11/28/20 9:02 AM)
evanmoore
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We noticed as of November 2020 the microphone icon within YouTube app for Samsung TV is now missing. This means I can no longer voice search within the YouTube app. This icon was previously between my previous searches and alphabet. Pressing the microphone icon on native remote invokes bixby, but previously I could select this now missing icon then select microphone icon on remote and it would invoke YouTube voice search. This is now no longer possible to search within the app with my voice. It was always so amazingly convenient to search google YouTube app with my voice. Please bring this native voice search app button back to YouTube!

Model: QN75Q7FNA

TV Software: T-KTM2AKUC-1310.4, BT - S

YouTube version: web_20201122_00_RC00

Device: TV (PLATFORM_DETAIL_TV), Samsung/QN75Q7FNA/KANTM2/2018, Cobalt (20.Lts.3.244012-gold), KANTM2 (1310.4)

Geo: US

Client: TVHTML5, 7.20201122.00.00

attached is a photo of where the icon used to be. 

FB59601D-CAB9-49A6-AF9F-A759105E9DC7.jpeg

4 Replies
userfmg7c0Ceqk
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

yes! need voice search !

usertRIaAfMQCl
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

... yeah, where the heck did it go, so much better than clicking letters!!!!!

SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I will be happy to report this to my engineers. Please provide the following information.

Television

Model Number:

Software Version:

YouTube TV app

Current Version:

Since it is their app, you may also want to report this to the YouTube TV support team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user24oIgKs46H
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same here. Voice search from the remote does not work with YouTube about 1 week now.

0 Likes