cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userl3SoI8HB9g
Cosmic Ray

YouTube app 100% broken. 400 Error Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Youtube app fails to load entirely. I used to be able to reset the TV so many times to get it back but that also no longer works.

I've tried reinstalling the app and resetting the TV. The problem keeps coming back.

Why are there so many problems with samsung TVs?? Don't get me started about how I can't disable any of the ads and turning off automatic firmware updates doesn't work. photo5172390241280043120.jpgphoto of error on tv when launching youtube app

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userl3SoI8HB9g
Cosmic Ray

Re: YouTube app 100% broken. 400 Error Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found my own answer, no thanks to samsung. 

If I allow the domain "time.samsungcloudsolution.com" to be unblocked, I can use the youtube app again. 

I suspect this is because the TV time drifts and causes issues with Youtube because the TV no longer reports a valid time, and causes illegal requests. SSL stuff is picky. 

Just wanted to put the solution out there since it was incredibly difficult to figure it out myself.

1 REPLY 1
userl3SoI8HB9g
Cosmic Ray

Re: YouTube app 100% broken. 400 Error Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found my own answer, no thanks to samsung. 

If I allow the domain "time.samsungcloudsolution.com" to be unblocked, I can use the youtube app again. 

I suspect this is because the TV time drifts and causes issues with Youtube because the TV no longer reports a valid time, and causes illegal requests. SSL stuff is picky. 

Just wanted to put the solution out there since it was incredibly difficult to figure it out myself.