Original topic:

Your internet connection is unstable - Q80T 55 inch

(Topic created on: 1/11/21 8:11 AM)
userhVqHDrT2MO
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi Everyone,

Having a strange issue with my Q80T 55 inch TV.  Currently wired up by ethernet.  When I go to perform a check for a firmware update I get the, "Your Internet connection is unstable..." message.

This is strange because I was able to receive the previous firmware update from 1311 to 1403.  And I am still able to stream Netflix, Disney, etc.  So I don't think there is an issue with the TVs network hardware or my router/network config.  

I have read previous posts (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/smart-tv-doesn-t-connect-to-the-internet-via-ethernet-cable/t...) that unplugging the TV and plugging it back has helped other people with this issue.  Seems the firmware update app is not able to latch onto the NIC properly.  Or are the Samsung firmware update serves down?

Any thoughts from Samsung techs or other community members?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Reply
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
does the TV network settings have an option for like power saving mode wifi, or safe wifi, or maybe a network guard? if so, select opposite selection then try? those type of things can trigger that exact message when trying a manual download though still streaming fine.
0 Likes