JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube app for 2016 TVs and older?

(Topic created: 12-01-2017 02:52 PM)
userieDejoAhpT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs has been released.

https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-smart-tvs-youtube-tv-app/

This states it is for 2016, 2017 models.  Is Samsung going to release app for earlier TVs?  I purchased my TV in 2016.  Could not upgrade to app.  Turns out my model UN32J5205AFXZA was apparently made in 2015.

52 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Regrettably we cannot speculate on this information. 

0 Likes
usertcYoSNz9Rn
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Any date for the Youtube TV app to be released for Samsung Smart TV 2015 models?

Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Sadly as previously mentioned we can't speculate. Literally we won't know about it until you do as silly as that sounds. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useryXdJjBtI71
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung un55js8500 TV bought in 2015. I recently bought YouTube TV. This app is still not available on my smart TV. It is very inconvenient to have to play content on my phone, cast it to my TV, and have to keep my phone on in order to watch TV. Any updates on when this will be ready?

userrxLfYeNHVZ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

0 Likes
userrxLfYeNHVZ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue. My samsung  tv was made in 2015 and the app is still not avalaible.

Plz help!!!

usereM4NB5k9xs
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Here is the best Solution: Get an LG TV you will not believe the difference, SPEED, and convenience and Youtube TV APP. I'm done with Samsung TV's and Phones period. My wife will not use a cell phone or computer to watch TV, neither will I.
useroyaZiWfAFm
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Adding my frustration with this issue as a long-time Samsung supporter through the years. You’re forcing me to use Apple TV and avoid Samsung TVs in the future for my homes (plural).

usertvmdHrRphb
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Seriously Samsung, you put Android on all your phones, but not your TV's?  Do that and all these issues go away.  Unfortunately I started with a few Samsung 4k TV's before YouTube TV even existed, but in the future I will be selecting another manufacturer for my TV's (and other products).  Good luck with your proprietary platform in the current ecosystem.