JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube app for 2016 TVs and older?

(Topic created: 11-04-2018 06:42 PM)
userieDejoAhpT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs has been released.

https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-smart-tvs-youtube-tv-app/

This states it is for 2016, 2017 models.  Is Samsung going to release app for earlier TVs?  I purchased my TV in 2016.  Could not upgrade to app.  Turns out my model UN32J5205AFXZA was apparently made in 2015.

52 Replies
usergL8LAlWuvW
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

In the same boat here. I cannot believe that the Youtube TV app is still not available for these tvs. Its absolutely ludicrous. People have been clamoring for it for since last November and still no word. Disgraceful

userKq03Zkp556
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

i will not be buying samsung tv simce a smart tv is not really smart by limiting the apps and i had already switched from Samsung samrt to iphone...

userDKISWgkFFO
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Same prob. Bought 3 samsung tv's for our new home 2 years ago, ditching cable for Youtubetv and have to use a work-around? Last Samsung for me as well.
Kevv2288
Halo
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just get a roku or chromecast. Both are under $35

0 Likes
userKHjwD0oafk
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

When so many of your users are asking you to help, why don't you come up with a good solution..... My appeal to Samsung. The customer service is very inactive also.

All these customers who are suffering,  you are going to loose and your future customers will know your behavior and no action attitude towads the product you sold to the customers. Do you think that a good business practice?

Asok Das

asokda@gmail.com

userNfz3E7pEbP
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have supported Samsung with smart phones. Smart tv. Ridiculous they will not add this app to our 2015 TV....not veyr smart at all!!!

userIouBW5evSY
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did you ever recieve a response from samsung? 
I have an oder model of Samsung smart TV and i am very limited. It is hard to believe they can not produce an update. 

Dougnyc228
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is bad. Samsung stops support Youtube on their so-called Smart TV. Well if you stop support what I want, I stop using your product. I switch over to use LG Smart TV, they have every app I want. Thanks Samsung for not having what most of us want and that is YouTube.  Bye bye, Samsung.

Superchar
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Although I can cast the regular YouTube app to my Samsung 60 LED -- I presume 2015 -- I cannot cast YouTube TV to my Samsung TV. When will this be possible and when will app be available? Seems like a lot of demand for this.

0 Likes
userUgSZcTKNzz
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I purchased my TV from CostCo in 2016, and expected it to be compatable with YouTube TV.  Sadly, I can't find a YouTube TV app.  My model is a UHD Series 6 (6390 or 639D)  UN65JU639D

0 Likes