JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube app for 2016 TVs and older?

(Topic created: 11-25-2017 12:10 AM)
userieDejoAhpT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs has been released.

https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-smart-tvs-youtube-tv-app/

This states it is for 2016, 2017 models.  Is Samsung going to release app for earlier TVs?  I purchased my TV in 2016.  Could not upgrade to app.  Turns out my model UN32J5205AFXZA was apparently made in 2015.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userOwbVycawJ1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is terrible. I have a 2015 “Samsung Smart TV” and can’t get an update for firmeware or software that will allow me to use YouTube TV? This is rediculous and absolutely unprofessional. The tv is just a few processors and a screen. You could provide an update but you’re demanding we upgrade instead of delivering customer service. No way to solve the YouTube TV issue and you’ve know about this for more than a year. 

userT4j2JS6dng
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is unacceptable. Please fix this issue as you have many people complaining about the same thing. Send an update out and get this app available on all Smart Tvs. 

userCtAfMbvJzE
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung TV before 2016, use Fire TV through Amaazon. You Tube TV App works fine, dont know what all the fuss is about.

0 Likes
userjQccEsyE0F
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If you cant support your older tvs to be able to use new apps like you tube tv then I can no longer support Samsung. That means across the whole line including all of my business account phones as well as recommending to my customers that I would not buy any samsung products since they have a shelf life that does not support the future. This is very poor customer service and bad customer service = less customers

userhLIOVKPb8Y
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

BOO! It's been over a year since you posted this and still no app? It's an APP, how hard can it be? I agree with many...most of the users on here. After many years not even considering another TV but Samsung, my next TV will SURELY not be Samsung, and I'm in the market for one. 

userew16uT0hBX
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It's now 2020.  I think you owe us an updated response on this.  More importantly, you owe us a working YouTube app.    Is there one now?  If not, when?

I paid several thousand dollars for my TV - Samsung UN55J8500 - in mid-2015.   For it not to function as a "smart tv" in under 5 years is unacceptable.  I bought two Samsung TVs at the time and if this is not remedied soon, I will never buy another.   Perhaps we should. start a social media campaign to warn others about buying Samsung -- even the higher-end TVs - as. they won't function effectively within a few years.  I hope I am mistaken and that you'll tell me tomorrow that this has been remedied.  This is needed if you want to retain a good brand and satisfied customers.

userEY87MDfqZV
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I discovered this 15 years ago when the Samsung phone I bought died literally within a month of the guarantee running out.  Their customer service are appalling also.  They just do not care.  I no longer buy Samsung and prevent my family from doing so also.  Main reason: they deliberately design their products to fail after a limited period.  I know someone whose Samsung 2015 TV has broken down (Keeps rebooting continually).  I buy Sony, LG or Panasonic.

0 Likes
ypinero
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It is now 2020 and can't still see the app on any of these models, so it means that Samsung left everybody hanging dry. Awesome for reputation! That's the mistake when a company grows too big and start caring less about their customers. There are quite a few examples on how fast they spiral down into the crapper. I'll never buy Samsung again.

BartVonDoom
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is NOT a solution, it's not even an answer!
This is purely Samsung being LAZY as F, not even trying to try to please its own customer and provide and update to ensure their TVs work with new apps! I bought a Silver Series 7, model 7100 which was way more expensive than the competition back in the days and we are now in 2020, three years after the first port in this thread was created and in three years Samsung DID NOTHING to make the Youtube TV app available?!!?!?! Are you serious Samsung??? If I have to change my TV because you can't sort your fingers out of your butt and program a compatible firmware, then you have lost a customer for LIFE! Would it be for TVs, SSDs, Cellphone, every single product branded Samsung I would defo boycott! When you are a technology company and you can't (or clearly won't cause you want your customers to buy a new TV)  keep up to date with new trends, you are in the wrong business!

userGIPm8Mu6Kd
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It is now obvious that a smart tv Tech cannot be properly supported by stupid programmers.  Shame on Samsung for not supporting their products.  Smart consumers shouldn't support stupidity.  that's the lesson here for all of us.