cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: can't access a website using "Internet"

There is information on the following link on loading apps on your smart TV.     Apps on your Samsung smart TV     The icon to the Apps store is number 5 in the picture below.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user9MKqV2BeJz
Asteroid

For some reason I'm getting an error message when trying to reply to SamsungLou

Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested.

I did take his suggestion and did find a bunch of Apps on my TV and even found Dailymotion app. I installed it and logged in and everything looks fine, but none of their videos play. I simply get a black screen like the TV is off. 

In the same TV menu I found other things like, Device Manager or a similar name.

It listed the RAM used, the apps installed and I think storage space. It lets you regain resources by uninstall apps and such. Since I only installed 1 app so far, I doubt that will help. But it makes me wonder if I need to update my software or firmware. 

This is a new TV, yet sometimes there may be some time after a TV is built and after its sold. How can I check my software and firmware updates? It's pretty clear there needs to be some fixes, since I'm already having problems with apps and websites

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Navigate to Settings, and then select Support. Select Software Update or here's the link to check the software: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-uhd-smart-tv-ru8000 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user9MKqV2BeJz
Asteroid

On the TV under Settings,  I found Software Update and updated it. I think it said it was already updated. I tried the dailymotion app after that and still got a black screen instead of video. Can I report this to Samsung as a bug?

On the link I found a reference to a firmware dated Nov 2019, but in Settings didn't see anything like that. Is there a way to check and see if I have the most current firmware?

I think any app we find on our TV listed under Apps should work, if not Samsung should fix this in an update.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you downloaded the app from our app store and it's still not working, we recommend you reach out to Daily Motion. 

user9MKqV2BeJz
Asteroid

SamsungCaleb said he did some research and found that the  inability to access certain websites is a limitation of the browser. Then when I used the Daily Motion app that dindt' work either. 

I'd be surprised if the Daily Motion app and the Daily Motion website were the only ones not working correctly, especially from SamsungCaleb's remarks. I've only accessed a few websites and already have encountered this bug. I'd be surprised if this is the only app or website not working with the TV. Possibly some more research would be in order.

I will report this to Daily Motion, yet I doubt very seriously they will take this seriously since it's more than likely not their fault but Samsung's fault. This bug needs to be reported to Samsung. How do we do that?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We would recommend reaching out to the Daily Motion developers regarding this issue.

user9MKqV2BeJz
Asteroid

Thanks Caleb. I just sent a message to Daily Motion. I'll post here if I get a reply

AnnaKh
Astronaut

T