Original topic:

eArc

(Topic created on: 2/21/21 11:15 AM)
userulffZ8LHlb
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have my have a Samsung Q60t 75" television paired with a yamaha receiver TSR 700. I am having issues with eArc being in and out. Sometimes the audio will show (HDMI eArc) and sometimes will just show HDMI. Has anyone else had this problem and found any solution? 

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have you tried using a different eARC compatible cable? Please go to Settings>Support and provide the full model code and current software version. 

0 Likes
CrissTM
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

eARC is broken since the new 1460.9 Firmware.

On my 65Q80T is not working as well with Yamaha RX-V681 and is in HDMI 3 connected.

With the previous firmware was all good, no issues what so ever.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

There is a newer software version available here: Link

0 Likes
CrissTM
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

There is in Germany a new Firmware (1497.0) out and it is as good as the last one.

ARC is as it was before, not recognised...

Come on Samsung... you can do much better...

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userKpuKCgBuzd
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My Samsung HW-950T sound-bar and Q90T 75-inch TV have had trouble communicating via HDMI-eARC ever since I got them.

Various posts had talked about issues with the firmware, so I updated everything. New Q90T firmware came out in December and February 2021 . Still would drop back to WiFi connection with eARC not available, and would require actually unplugging power and a defined-by-experiment sequence of power on — and still would not always work. Tried three different fairly high-end 8K HDMI-eARC cables. Sometimes on Blu-ray, I would even get one second audio dropouts.

On Monday, I had an epiphany. I decided it could be some kind of incompatibility with my other HDMI devices. Only one HDMI input (HDMI-3) on the TV does eARC, and that is plugged into the sound-bar.

An older Dish Network box (VIP211z) was on HDMI-1. I unplugged it. With no Dish box, eARC worked and would not fail.

I ordered new “Wally” boxes from Dish, got them in two days, plugged them in and set them up.

No issues with eARC for three days so far. The system is providing full 9.1.4 true 3D Dolby Atmos / DTS:X surround sound, if issued by the source. It uses the TV speakers embedded in the screen to enhance vertical audio separation (Q-Symphony). My system sounds just like you are in a movie theater.

I need to tie down stuff in the room to stop the rattles.

0 Likes