cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

how to turn off notification message when screen is black

When watching movies etc, on the xbox one x when there is a black screen, like between scenes 3-5sec., the tv shows a notification message that the "connected device HDMI4 is powered on but displaying a black screen, check the device"  is there any way to turn off this notification or set a longer delay? It pops up within 5sec and kinda ruins the immersion in the show.

Thanks! 

TV is a 2020 Q90T, Xbox one X hooked to HDMI4, running in auto game mode.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: how to turn off notification message when screen is black

Does this occur with any other device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

No I only have the xbox hooked up currently.  It doesnt show the message with the onboard tizen apps if they go to a black screen.  I will try a differnt device and test. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please keep us posted.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

i chatted with Samsung customer support, and they recommended the 1402 firmware update.  I have installed this and it did not fix the issue. 

To test i searched for a black screen youtube video on the xbox and when played the message popped up within 3sec once the video was in full screen. 

It is not a problem that it is popping up, just at the speed in which it pops up, if Samsung could program a delay as to when the notification box pops up (15-30sec vs 3sec) then it would fix this issue.!

Im still trying to find another device that I can connect via the HDMI to test. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue on a q70t. Please please increase the timeout for this message or remove it entirely. It pops up any time a game loads on Xbox and has a black screen briefly.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Okay glad I'm not the only one seeing this and maybe there is a chance Samsung can update this setting in a firmware update. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the SAME exact problem eith my Q90T! Every time a "black screen" during/between a cinematic when playing Xbox, I get this annoying message! Can't believe I can't turn it off! Thinking about returning the TV and buying a Sony, like I used to do. And noone at Samsung seems to have an answer! That's bs

Highlighted
Astronaut

Have the same problem with a new Q80T. First noticed with Amazon Prime Video with Roku device. When Prime Video went to a black screen I would get the message there was a black screen being displayed on HDMI1. Then my grandkids were watching Finding Nemo on Disney Plus and in part of the movie the fish swim into the deep ocean and the screen goes black. When that happened I got the same message about a vlack screen being displayed. This seems like a software bug. Please fix. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yep keep posting so we can raise the issue then Samsung can turn off the notification or delay the timer !!  Stupid software.