cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

how to turn off notification message when screen is black

When watching movies etc, on the xbox one x when there is a black screen, like between scenes 3-5sec., the tv shows a notification message that the "connected device HDMI4 is powered on but displaying a black screen, check the device"  is there any way to turn off this notification or set a longer delay? It pops up within 5sec and kinda ruins the immersion in the show.

Thanks! 

TV is a 2020 Q90T, Xbox one X hooked to HDMI4, running in auto game mode.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: how to turn off notification message when screen is black

Does this occur with any other device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

No I only have the xbox hooked up currently.  It doesnt show the message with the onboard tizen apps if they go to a black screen.  I will try a differnt device and test. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please keep us posted.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

i chatted with Samsung customer support, and they recommended the 1402 firmware update.  I have installed this and it did not fix the issue. 

To test i searched for a black screen youtube video on the xbox and when played the message popped up within 3sec once the video was in full screen. 

It is not a problem that it is popping up, just at the speed in which it pops up, if Samsung could program a delay as to when the notification box pops up (15-30sec vs 3sec) then it would fix this issue.!

Im still trying to find another device that I can connect via the HDMI to test. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue on a q70t. Please please increase the timeout for this message or remove it entirely. It pops up any time a game loads on Xbox and has a black screen briefly.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Okay glad I'm not the only one seeing this and maybe there is a chance Samsung can update this setting in a firmware update. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the SAME exact problem eith my Q90T! Every time a "black screen" during/between a cinematic when playing Xbox, I get this annoying message! Can't believe I can't turn it off! Thinking about returning the TV and buying a Sony, like I used to do. And noone at Samsung seems to have an answer! That's bs