cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

internet

Hi! I have spectrum internet and have tried everything to get it to connect to my smart tv but nothing is working. Yes, I have unplugged the tv, rebooted my wifi, changed IP settings, and all of that. It works fine on everything else except my tv. Any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3
Supernova

Re: internet

if the tv has a place for it I recommend running a cable directly from your router into the tv. See if it will get internet access that way. It may give you more options afterwards that could help you setup wifi
Supernova

I know hardwiring totally defeats the purpose of having spent $100s more on a smart tv but atleast it would give you a base to start from by eliminating anything having to do with your end (the router the connection the ip the hardware) so you'll know it is directly a wifi reciever problem. I enjoy wifi for most things and my tv is wifi but honestly I prefer hardwire connection. Smart tvs are still very sluggish especially with the pre installed apps so overall the hardwiring helps improve performance.
Constellation

Hi! Thank you for replying! Unfortunately, this is in my room and the only hard wire options I have is in the living room. THank you though!