JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Isolated Incident?" Who is having issues with their KS8000 Series TV's?

(Topic created: 06-13-2021 12:29 PM)
userp4Ul9YwxnG
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Howdy,

I'm trying to be within the guidelines here, and I hope this doesn't get immediately deleted. I am being told by Samsung that my out-of-warranty Samsung UN55KS800DFXZA (Costco version of the KS8000 series) is having an "isolated incident" where it will not turn on. I don't know y'all, it seems like I've seen topics with dozens of pages of updates of people chiming in with similar issues.

This seems like a very widespread and well known issue with these models. The Samsung rep that came to look at my TV even agreed. Most companies would recall and/or make the situation right. Why isn't Samsung recalling these TV's?

Honestly, the fact that Samsung is actively deleting posts on this forum comes across as purposely deceptive and is non-transparent on Samsung's part. It seems that Samsung does not want this visibility of these similar models failing. I believe Samsung should own up to this component/design flaw for us. What do y'all think? Please chime in if you have ever had similar issues with your KS or similar model Samsung TV failing or had power issues and will no longer function.

10 Replies
Raf1
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have this model and while it still turns on, it developed a major light bleed issue from the top and bottom of the screen that is visible in all picture modes.  ALl the topics on this issue have been closed but I found plenty of others on other forums with same issue with the KS8000 series TV's.  Bought this tv new in June of 2016 and it's been great but is now pretty much not watchable.  OLED is definitely looking like a better option day by day..

0 Likes
usereUsjw6IIcm
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I’m having the same issue. Samsung will only say, out of warranty, call for service.  They are not responsible.   This issue is all over YouTube and the Internet. I don’t know why they don’t do something.  I have never experienced this kind of problem with LG or Vizio. Samsung ought to be ashamed.  If you hear of any class action suit or Samsung decides they are at fault, please post. I’m out of options. Talking to their reps leads no where. They are not even reading through the messages entirely before responding. The answers are canned speeches straight out of their customer service manual. 

0 Likes
userCBW97jStN5
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same issue here, no help in sight 😞

0 Likes
Raf1
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yeah, they won't reply so I gave up.  Replaced the tv with a 77 LG CX OLED and truthfully, I'll never buy another Samsung again.   The OLED picture is so much better than any Samsung I've ever watched.  Now I'm kind of glad it went out since it gave me a reason to try something new and Samsung lost a customer for life.

userCBW97jStN5
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

That's sad to hear.  They deleted my post and linked me to a different one that I clearly stated was different.  I understand needing to manage boards but this seems like a way it is here.

I'm tempted to jump to a 65 LG CX as well.  I hear LG actually has fixed things out of warranty to keep up a good image.

0 Likes
userMJnw8CA8Fq
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same issue here.  The components are only made to last a few years.  My KS8000 65 inch is 3.5 years old and is now stuck in the pervasive reboot loop.  $2000 down the drain.  

Unless you are rich, steer clear of Samsung products.  Their appliances are also made to only last a few years, just read the reviews.  

0 Likes
usery1uGn5vHD1
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Also have a KS8000. Screen just faded to black and is now stuck in a boot loop. Its not even 5 years old.

Probably the last Samsung product i'm going to buy at this point.

0 Likes
userKYDT2aLc4q
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

New to this board, but it appears that the problem I’m having with my KS8000 TV is not new or an isolated event.   TV cycles between on and off with no image appearing on TV.    The red standby light and the “ Samsung” label in the bottom bezel cycles on and off.  I’ve removed all devices connected to TV as well as the smart hub to no avail.  During ON cycle, there is a slight blue cast to screen and touching screen creates a slight light halo or flare around the finger.   TV is only 4 years old.   Will buy a Sony next time!

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to see if you have tried the troubleshooting steps below? 

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.

2. Inspect the power cord for damage.

Check the power cord to see if there is any visible damage. If the power cord appears to be damaged. You can get a replacement at samsungparts.com.

You can search for your TV model to find the exact power cord you need.

3. Plug the TV power cord back into the wall outlet.

If you were using a surge protector, bypass it for now and use a wall outlet.

4. Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

5. Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs which can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes