JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Isolated Incident?" Who is having issues with their KS8000 Series TV's?

(Topic created: 04-16-2021 09:07 AM)
userp4Ul9YwxnG
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Howdy,

I'm trying to be within the guidelines here, and I hope this doesn't get immediately deleted. I am being told by Samsung that my out-of-warranty Samsung UN55KS800DFXZA (Costco version of the KS8000 series) is having an "isolated incident" where it will not turn on. I don't know y'all, it seems like I've seen topics with dozens of pages of updates of people chiming in with similar issues.

This seems like a very widespread and well known issue with these models. The Samsung rep that came to look at my TV even agreed. Most companies would recall and/or make the situation right. Why isn't Samsung recalling these TV's?

Honestly, the fact that Samsung is actively deleting posts on this forum comes across as purposely deceptive and is non-transparent on Samsung's part. It seems that Samsung does not want this visibility of these similar models failing. I believe Samsung should own up to this component/design flaw for us. What do y'all think? Please chime in if you have ever had similar issues with your KS or similar model Samsung TV failing or had power issues and will no longer function.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
10 Replies
userKYDT2aLc4q
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello-

I have a 66” Samsung TV (KS8000) that will not fully turn on.   The TV just cycles between on and off with no screen image ever appearing.   I cannot do a reset through the TV.   I’ve tried to reset through the remote with no change.   I’ve removed all external devices and have left the TV off over night as well.    None of this has worked.     I chatted with a Samsung rep, but that led nowhere.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes