Original topic:

remote stopped working with direct TV box

(Topic created on: 2/28/21 5:45 PM)
AgentX1976
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Model UN55TU7000FXZA
Remote worked until today with direct TV Box HR44200. Now it does not. I have disconnected and re connected a few times. 
7 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have you tried going through the Universal Remote set up again? Does everything else work correctly?

0 Likes
AgentX1976
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Yes, I set up. I deleted it and tried again.
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have you tried performing a factory reset?

0 Likes
AgentX1976
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I have done the factory reset now as well. It does not work. Won't control with phone app either.
0 Likes
Andrew N
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am having the same issue but it is both my cable box and Xbox One S. I have had my TV factory reset several times, the remote replaced, and a technician came out but couldn't figure it out. Now I am just getting the run around from Samsung. I am not the only one having this issue. You can see it all over the Samsung Community. My theory is that the TV has to communicate with the remote to program it to the correct device but the TV can't communicate with the remote for some reason so the remote is just acting like a standard remote with one-way communication. That is why it can still control the Samsung TV and not the other devices. I have even been told that they don't guarantee that it will work. If that is the case, they shouldn't be advertising this as a "universal" remote.

0 Likes
Andrew N
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Update: Issue resolved! Samsung sent out a technician for the second time and I explained my theory that the TV is having a problem communicating with the universal remote to tell it what codes it should be using for the eternal devices. He agreed and decided to replace the IR sensor on the TV. Once he replaced the part and put the TV back together the universal remote started to work like it originally did with both my Xbox and cable box. I hope this helps anyone who is having the same issue and no other troubleshooting worked.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes