cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

samsung tv UN32EH4003F turns on and off by itsellf when on antenna but ok on hdmi

why will my samsung tv turn on and off by itsellf  every couple of minutes when useing a antenna but ok on hdmi?  This is not a smart TV

the model number is UN32EH4003F

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: samsung tv UN32EH4003F turns on and off by itsellf when on antenna but ok on hdmi

Have you tried using a different antenna?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: samsung tv UN32EH4003F turns on and off by itsellf when on antenna but ok on hdmi

Yes I used a different atenna and the same thing every couple of minutes the TV powers off and turns back on by itself.  I switched to hdmi and it is fine I watched a movie for 2 hrs and did not shut off.  Then I switched to antenna and it shuts off and on by itself.  I did look at the power board and removed the capacitors and tested them.  The ones rated for 47 mfd I was reading 47 mfd but the the ones rated for 1000 mfd I was getting 1200 mfd on one and 1300 mfd on another.  Could that be the reason?  

Highlighted
Constellation

I also tried to upgrade the firmware but the one one I can find on the Samsung site is version 1008 from 2014 my tv is from 2017 and had firmware 1013.  When I got to system update it ask me if I want to upgrade from version 1013 to 1008 and I said no because it seems like I have a high version.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you double check that model number? We show that the UN32EH4003F is from 2012, not 2017, and software v.1008.0 is the last version for this television.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Ok one side shows the model number I posted and there is another model number that is longer on the same label.  

The model number is UN32EH4003FXZA version number LD11

[edit]

firmwear 1013

Highlighted
Constellation

I was wrong about the year. Is has 2014 on the label 

Highlighted
Constellation

Is firmware 1008 newer than the version I have  1013?  To me the bigger number should be the newer one.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

1013 would be the newer software. this will require service for the television. You can find an authorized repair center using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.