un43ku7000f overheating burned

(Topic created: 11-26-2019 11:30 AM)
userb2S0EvE3LK
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Model un43ku7000f

Purchased at best buy in 2017?  I think I paid 700.00

Hi I was watching TV and noticed a black area in the lower left corner of the panel and fine horizontal lines on the very lower portion of the screen starting to appear.  I thought maybe someone accidentally bumped Into the corner and it was a broken screen or chipped corner but I lightly touched the black area and it was very hot to the touch, much hotter than the other parts of the panel and you can smell plastic burning smell.  After looking online, I found a thread about the 6000 series having this same issue.  Is there anything samsung can do?  I cannot afford to buy a new TV right now before the holidays, even if they are selling similar VA panels on Amazon for $350.00  This seems like it shouldn't happen after just a few years of light use. I don't watch TV a lot.  If I turn the TV  off so it can cool down, the lines go away but the spot is lighter in color but still there. If I leave the tv on for a while the lines return and black spot reappears.   I tried to submit pics but my images are too large for the uploader. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I’m sorry you are experiencing these symptoms. Can you send me a private message with your model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userb2S0EvE3LK
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Pm sent.  Kindly check your inbox and get back to me when you review the images and info.  Cheers! 

0 Likes
userNfcIZfmFvo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

HI Samsung, I'm going to piggy back on this user's experience as it is the same problem I had two days ago. I'll PM you in the same fashion. thank you!

0 Likes