Original topic:

un65h7100 does not detect fire tv stick

(Topic created on: 2/23/21 5:21 PM)
userbQsa8znMjo
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I recently purchased this device. It does not connect to my main tv, although it connects and sets up fine with my smaller Samsung. I have tried HDMI 1,3 and4. (I haven't tried 2 because my dish receiver is connected to that port. ) Not sure where to start in trying to figure out what is wrong.

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Does the dish receiver work on the other ports?

0 Likes
userbQsa8znMjo
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

yes.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Is your other Samsung newer? Have you tried changing the display settings on the FireTV Stick?

0 Likes
userbQsa8znMjo
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have tried to reply several times but it doesn't seem to work.

Yes, the other Samsung tv is several years newer.

I have tried every display setting on the un65, without success.

I have seen that the firestick shows up occasionally in the list of Anynet+ devices. Sometimes, however, when I exit from the Anynet+ list the firestick disappears form the list of devices. The Firestick is recognized by my Alexa app, but that does seem to permit me to change any firestick settings. 

I have tired to update the un65 software, but every time I try I get the message that my internet connection is unstable and the attempt has timed out. That doesn't make sense because I can run applications from the SmartHub OK.

While it may be unrelated, for some time I have gotten a message that the internet browser on the tv is no longer supported, but have found no way to update it.

0 Likes
userbQsa8znMjo
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Just to make it more interesting: when I couldn't download any system update, I download the file onto a usb drive, very carefully following the instructions. When I place the drive in the tv, I can read the drive and path to the correct directory (directly off the root)  and see the update file. But when I try to update, I get a response that there are no valid update files on the drive.  Did it three times with three separate usb drives just to triple check.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Here's a link with info on how to update the television with a thumbdrive: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-update-the-samsung-tvs-firmware-using-a-usb...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userbQsa8znMjo
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thanks you for the response. Unfortunately, this is exactly the process I described in my last message. The result was that my tv reported that there was no valid update file on the drive.

0 Likes