Original topic:

un82tu700df power switching

(Topic created on: 3/14/21 5:13 PM)
userzcjBghZUcb
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
So I was super hyped on Friday after work went to sams club got my tv went home and set everything up. Started watching shows and everything was great. Come around to today on Sunday afternoon screen went black still had sound. Restart the tv like you would when something strange happens and it just started to switch on and off. Did some research online about it and I start think its the power board. Take the tv back to sams do an exchange. Get the new tv home plugged into a different outlet just for the hell of it and started setting it up. Got through the samsung bs like you do and get Netflix going moved onto setting up Amazon and the screen just shuts off while im doing my thing. Tried to restart it but its doing the same thing the old one was doing. Called customer support for sams club let them know something is up with there tvs and then called samsung and told them they gotta get a guy out to me and fix it because I'm not gona carry this big ass tv down my stairs again. If anyone has anything useful to try or input it would be appreciated. I'll try and update anything as this progression happens
4 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@userzcjBghZUcb 

Is there any possibility that someone has an IR blaster or another TV remote in the area? It seems more likely than getting 2 Tvs which exhibit the same issue. 

0 Likes
userzcjBghZUcb
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
nope no one else in the house would have been able to do that even if they were in the room on the 2nd tv I was in the process of setting it all up
0 Likes
userzcjBghZUcb
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
update the repair company that samsung is sending out is stating that it's most likely the screen thats the issue. it sounds like they have done this more than once given they know that the 82 and 85 screens almost don't fit in there van. could be a common issue?
0 Likes
userzcjBghZUcb
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
update repair company called and said they can't get the part from Samsung. Samsung is issuing an exchange for a new one. looks like they will be shipping me a new one and I'll return the old one
0 Likes