Original topic:

Data Roaming Notification

(Topic created: 06-18-2024 08:02 AM)
PleatherRhino
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Why can't I turn off the data roaming notification? It's so useless if I'm out of the country I obviously put in on and I wouldn't mind a daily reminder I do have it on but every time I open my phone is beyond ridiculous! I'm trying to take pictures or talk to family over the phone to make plans and a notification that I have data roaming on while I'm actively using my data is infuriating and stupid. Please add a way to limit how much it pops or to turn it off permanently would be way more reasonable than just popping it up several minutes after I already begin using my phone!
4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I travel out of the country a lot and, having T-Mobile, I have text & data in many countries.  I frequently connect to one of their roaming partners, but all I get is a little symbol in my top status bar (and perhaps in the pull-down notification area, I'm not sure).  I have never had a pop up or any other notification that I was on roaming (except maybe when first connected, I might get the roaming warning), so I'm not sure what's going on with you or why you are getting that.  I have an A54, previously an S10 Lite.

0 Likes
PleatherRhino
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I get the roaming warning but whether roaming is on or off and multiple times when using my phone
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That sounds like a bug.  Have you tried booting into recovery mode and clearing your cache partition?  That seems to solve many problems, even if it seems unrelated, and it doesn't hurt anything if it doesn't solve the issue. Updates and installs and uninstalls leave a lot of detritus behind that may confuse the phone, and it's good to clean it out periodically, as well as do regular optimizations. 

0 Likes
PleatherRhino
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank you I'll try that, it's not the worst but it can be very frustrating some times
0 Likes