Original topic:

Downloading songs to files

(Topic created: 06-03-2024 08:45 AM)
MJade
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I want to download a song but I do not know how. I have a a14 samsung phone. Please help me download a song to my files.

0 Likes
10 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

what do you mean "download a song"? Are you trying to transfer music you already have on a computer or other drive to the phone, or a direct download from a music service? You cannot download from streaming music like Pandora or Spotify.

MJade
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I just want to get a song I really like to my files so I can use it as my ringtone.

Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
What song are you looking for?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

First, you have to identify a service you can download the song from. Then it has to be in the proper audio format for the phone.  I believe that only MP3, wav, m4a formats can be used for phone sounds. So, I don't believe you can download from iTunes (unless they now allow you to download one of those formats). Once you've downloaded the song you want, you would go to the file manager on the phone and move the music file from the downloads folder to the ringtone folder, then select the song as your ringtone.  You might also consider opening the sound recorder and recording the song or part of the song you want.  It's been many years since I've downloaded a song, all my music is already in the proper format and those that I want to use as tones were snipped for length. I also did it all on a computer, not directly to the phone, but the basic steps outlined above should get you your song.

Surely you have someone in your circle that knows a little about how to do this, as it's probably more easily done with someone guiding you in person rather than trying to explain it.

0 Likes
MJade
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Well, I can't download any apps to my phone, if someone could tell be how to do it on my laptop that would be amazing!

The music streaming service I use is spotify but I think I could use any other ones.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Why can't you download any apps to your phone, is it managed by someone else? Ok. So, you have a PC.  You cannot download from Spotify, it's streaming only.  You have to use a service like iTunes (where you will have to convert the format to MP3) or Amazon Music, where you can purchase and download a song. Once you download the song, you can transfer the file to the phone via USB or wireless file transfer and place the song into the "ringtones" folder in internal storage.

0 Likes
MJade
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes it is managed by one of my family members. Thanks I will try and see if it works for me. Thank you!!

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If it's a managed device, you might not be able to add files either. That's something to consider, although I don't see why whoever is managing your phone wouldn't allow you to add a music file, unless it's profane.

0 Likes
MJade
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I can add files I just can't  add any apps.

0 Likes