Original topic:

Need access to J7 to retrieve data

(Topic created: 06-05-2024 08:16 AM)
Thaddious160
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I just want to say how great it is to come home to a Samsung phone and support team. I had my previous Galaxy J7 for quite a few years and it was a loyal trusted friend. The phone was on a chair seat with a package of disinfecting wipes and of course I sat on the chair absent minded as I can be, I felt the liquid and jumped up only to find my phone was soaked with the fluid. It took a lot of abuse but this did it in. I don't know if there is a way to get any data or contacts from it. It does charge but once turned on it says it is over heated and shuts down. I bought a new phone, a Motorola something and absolutely despised it. I believe some companies have forgotten that first and foremost these devices are phones. Any way it developed a crack in the screen and thank goodness I had bought the insurance. They didn't have a Motorola replacement so I received, the very next day, my Galaxy A15 5G and it was like old home week. I'm so glad to be back as a Samsung customer. I have nothing but great things to say about the customer service people as well as the technicians who assisted me with my previous Samsung Galaxy. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to get into my broken, but very sanitary Galaxy J7?
0 Likes
1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If you let it dry out thoroughly (many days), you should be able to start it up. You might also be able to restore a recent backup yo your mew phone from either your Google account, or Samsung account if you backed up to the Samsung cloud. Google backs up automatically, and if I'm not mistaken, restores in a new phone automatically when you sign into your Google account-you can also restore manually.
0 Likes