Original topic:

Samsung Members app won't open after updating to Android 9

(Topic created: Saturday)
Sam_sings
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I updated my dad's Galaxy J7 Core "Nxt" to Android 9 yesterday (don't ask me why).

The problem is, the Samsung Members app, which is a system app, doesn't open. It shows this popup:

20240921_143518318.jpg

 This popup appears not just once, not twice, but like 10 times in a row. It also appears when some apps are open (Settings, for example). Tapping "Close app" closes it, and then another one appears.

I tried updating the app from Play Store, but the update failed. I even tried installing older and newer APKs, force stopping the app, clearing its data, and even restoring the app to its factory version, but none of them fixed the problem.

It also caused other minor issues, like whenever I try to uninstall the updates of the app from the Settings and even the Play Store, not just it doesn't uninstall them, but it causes the phone to turn off and go to Samsung logo, then powers on as if nothing is happened. It also caused the Finder app to not work correctly.

My dad doesn't usually change his phone's Settings, but what if he did? What if he had to open the Settings app to do something, and then this annoying popup appeared?

Is there a way to fix this problem without doing a factory reset? I will be happy if someone gives an solution.

0 Likes
1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Most apps these days require android 11 or higher to run. Android 9 is so outdated and unsecure. We are on Android 14 now and any minute will be on Android 15. It is time to retire that device and get a newer one.

If cost is an issue, look into the A series.
0 Likes