Original topic:

Samsung A15 Wi-Fi calling still works with it being off?

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 06:23 PM)
jeffk
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Just got an A15 for my wife. With wifi on but wifi calling off, it appears to still make wifi calls. The icon shows at the top of the screen.

I have an A13 that is similar but doesnt do this.

Any thoughts?

4 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Are you sure it's not just the wi-fi indicator? I have wi-fi calling on at all times, and I see no other icon on my phone other than the standard w-fi indicator.  For some reason (and I don't care why), my phone wants to make wi-fi calls when connected to wi-fi, even with a perfectly strong cell signal and "cell network preferred" enabled in the settings. 

The only way I know it's making wi-fi calls is a) because my lock screen says so when extend lock is on, and b) when I open the phone dialer, the green dial button shows the wi-fi radio signal.

So, are you sure it's making wi-fi calls with wi-fi calling off?  If so, it really shouldn't matter as long as your calls are coming in and going out.

0 Likes
jeffk
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thanks for the response. The wifi calling icon shows up in the status bar on the left side. So I guess it's just a notification.
The new A15 doesn't perform like my 2 yr old A13 and that is progress I guess...
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Incidentally, there is no real reason to turn Wi-Fi calling off. It doesnt drain battery, doesn't interfere with anything, and allows your calls to go through if your cell signal is weak.
0 Likes
joan9
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have an A13 5G, and it does not display wi-fi calling no matter what I do. Carrier has indicated service on my plan, but the phone does not show wc on call menu or when I have done a search. We have no cell reception where we live, so urgent help is needed. Manual says it should be visible. I am at a loss.
0 Likes