JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Snoozing certain notifications indefinitely

(Topic created: 11-03-2023 11:19 AM)
zosig
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi I want to snooze certain notifications for ever. For example on Android 13 you can go to notification settings>conversations and turn off notifications for a certain conversation and it does this for all apps (e.x. discord,messenger,messages).I have a Galaxy M35 5G (running One UI 5.1) and it does have the conversations setting but nothing appears in it. For now i have opened the Snooze button option and every time I get a notification i press snooze for 2 hours. Is there a way i could do that but for ever?

6 Replies
zosig
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

No I'm not. I live in Greece but i don't think the forums in Greece would be as helpful.

0 Likes
zosig
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Oh I'm sorry if that's a problem then I can open one in the Greece forum but as I said before I don't think they will be that helpful. Also i want to disable notifications for specific conversations, for example on Instagram one of my accounts is in a groupchat that I don't want to get notifications from but the person who own the account wants to, so i would want to stop notifications from that groupchat on my end and not from Instagram.

0 Likes
zosig
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Oh ok. So there isn't a setting to do that outside of the app?

0 Likes
zosig
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I already know about that but that turns off all direct messages from everywhere.

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Ah, sorry that wasn't what you were looking for. Regarding snoozing notifications, the intended design (like snoozing alarms) is for the notification to eventually reappear after a certain amount of time has passed. Besides the available options, ranging in time up to two hours, the options within the phone's notification categories, and the options inside the Instagram app itself, there are no other methods (that I am aware of) to limit/disable notifications from specific Instagram groupchat messages.
0 Likes
zosig
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Ok then. Thank you for your time again!

0 Likes