Original topic:

Watch dies at work please help

(Topic created: 04-02-2024 01:27 PM)
userW17dVcCgTm
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I work in a concrete warehouse with a metal roof with poor 4G lte coverage. I don't carry my phone whule out on the floor only my watch. I have reset my watch called Samsung limited app usage changed My watch face to something dark, pretty much I've done everything to limit battery use. Still my battery doesn't even last half a day and I have the Galaxy watch six classic why is this happening? The only way to you make my watch last all day it's to carry a charger with me and charge on my breaks....how annoying! What can I do to get my watch to last all day? Another note* another employee just got the same watch and his watch last all day.
13 Replies
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I would put battery savings on and have limited notifications go into the watch. Also don't take calls from the watch
0 Likes
userW17dVcCgTm
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I can receive calls but do not answer them also I always have it on battery saving
0 Likes
userW17dVcCgTm
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I don't get many notifications throughout the day
0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Do you have any extra apps on the watch or do you have Samsung health actively monitor your health
0 Likes
userW17dVcCgTm
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I don't really have extra apps I do have the step counter on
0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Put your phone in airplane mode. It will save battery. If you are not taking calls and have spotty cell reception in the warehouse, the mobile network will keep looking for a signal til your battery dies.  I also have a watch specific power bank, that can be kept on your keychain or in your pocket and will charge your watch a few times, depending on how depleted it was when you put it on the charger. Here's one to start, there are others, all in the same price range:  Amazon.com: LVFAN for Samsung Galaxy Watch Charger 4000mAh, Fast Charging Portable Wireless Magnetic...

Didn't see the part in your earlier post where you were bringing a charger to work to charge on your break. With this you don't actually have to wait for a break or have to plug it in because it's a power bank, and you can use it anywhere.

userW17dVcCgTm
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
There has to be a better solution
0 Likes
userW17dVcCgTm
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Hopefully Samsung reads this and comes up with one, my coworkers with apple watches last all day no problem
realaud
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

There might be a better way (if you find it let me know), but I found over the years that putting it in airplane mode does a great deal to increase battery life. Since signals don't travel through water, it's in airplane mode when I swim. When I'm on a cruise and can't use a mobile network anyway, it's in airplane mode. Thats how I discovered how much longer the battery lasts when not searching for something it can't connect to. It's something you can do in the meantime until you find a solution.  

I used to have no problem with battery life on my watch right up until the moment I switched it to a new phone.  I don't think the link to the new phone is the problem, just something went bonkers during the transition, and I've been trying to solve it since.  I used to be able to go on long walks without my phone, while listening to music loaded on my watch with barely a drop in battery percentage.  Since I don't want a new watch, I am using measures, annoying as they may be, to work around the problem.