JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Weird Screen Issue

(Topic created: 09-17-2023 08:01 AM)
JjLoveSha
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I recently dropped it and the back is severely cracked and the screen occasionally goes dark and I have to tap the back to make the screen bright again. I have the (Samsung Galaxy A53 5G)
3 Replies
Solution
ProUser1
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It sounds like the drop may have damaged the screen and/or internal components of your Samsung Galaxy A53 5G. The fact that the screen goes dark occasionally and you have to tap the back to make it bright again is a sign that the display is damaged.

The best thing to do in this case is to take your phone to a qualified repair technician to have it diagnosed and repaired. They will be able to assess the damage and replace the necessary components.

If the damage is severe, it may be necessary to replace the entire phone. However, a good repair technician should be able to tell you if this is the case.

In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to try to protect your phone from further damage:

1. Use a case and screen protector. This will help to cushion the phone from impact if it is dropped again.
  2. Avoid using the phone in extreme temperatures. This can damage the internal components.
  3. Be careful when using the phone around water. Even if the phone is water resistant, it is still best to avoid getting it wet.
JjLoveSha
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So the display is shot basically? And it just tried to go dark again I had to tap the back again and it works again
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I highly recommend taking your device to your closest Samsung authorized service center, like uBreakiFix or Best Buy's Geeksquad, for further evaluation. They will be able to tell you how bad the damage is and offer a solution to hopefully get your phone back up and running quickly!