Original topic:

Why no micro sd card when I am willing to pay more

(Topic created: 05-30-2024 12:54 PM)
userFFkmhv6KDR
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Maybe someone can give me an idea but why not offer the normal phones and have one like 100 200 more. So that people like me can get an sd card slot even if we need to pay a price tag for it.

Let's say 256g ultra is 1200. Sell me the micro sd card ultra at 1400 or 1450.

I would happily pay that.

I am looking at buying last year's sony phone because it has a micro sd.

+if I can get it imported I will but the new Sony Xperia 6 that just came out if I must.

I do not trust you with my data in the cloud
7 Replies
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Sorry, you can vent and question it as much as you want but it's never going to happen. The SD card slot, the magstripe and the headphone jack are gone for good.
userFFkmhv6KDR
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Do not care about macr strip but sd cards are not gone. It's on there lower end A phones. But why not the 1200+ phones if it was one is better then why not do internal storage on all
betancd
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I think the reason they are on lower end phones is due to cost. In one way, it is an extra, convenient feature. On the other hand, the storage used on cheaper phones is usually of lower quality and capacity, so they offset it by allowing expansion. Also, the SD card will be much slower than internal storage, resulting in a performance hit.

Some brands view this differently, though, such as Sony, who puts SD slots in their flagship phones.
0 Likes
userFFkmhv6KDR
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes there will be a performance hit.

But honestly it's like useing a gen3 m.2 or a gen4 m.2

And not going with ether 4 or 5 as the newer option.

There is no real big performance hit.

If company are worryed put on the box and website listing. That you need if you want x sd card for best performance.

Example lexar has blue silver and gold.

I think there's more but that's what matters for this

The gold is like 79 dollars for performance and 256.

But for 30-60 depending sales and where you get it. You can get a lexar silver 512
0 Likes
userFFkmhv6KDR
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So it's just a push to use cloud so they can sell your data and scan it for what ever they feel is wrong or unlawful.

As Louis Rossmann says " You will own nothing and be happy about it"
amaiamai2
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You already know the reason you pay more for less features:

So they can force an upgrade later.

Its the same reason why a 19 Black Friday ONN tablet can have 2tb microSD while the Apple iPads do not.
0 Likes
userFFkmhv6KDR
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I mean point blank any phone with a micro sd card slot. After dealing with my self and the public I have come to agree if you have a micro sd card your phone last so much longer.

Because you can set it so all the pictures and videos go right to the card.

So all that's on your phone is apps for the most part. That is how in my case internal storage won't fill up for years. Once it feels up or get near I look at a new phone normally when they end of life the phone I have.
0 Likes