JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Add a setting to enable old overscroll animation used in Android 11 and below

(Topic created: 01-13-2022 12:03 PM)
Options
Android 12
In Android 12, the new elastic overscroll animation makes me feel nauseous and when scrolling fast, I need to wait for the animation to finish before I can tap anything. I don't want to disable all animations due to a single animation being an issue.

Please give the user an option to enable the old scroll animation (in accessibility, option would be called something like "disable stretch overscroll"). This would also tell apps like Twitter to disable their new overscroll animation when the old animation is active (basically, have scrolling function like Android 11). The old scroll animation is shown in the image. (The glow/bubble effect from it as well that you don't get by simply turning off animations in Android 12 right now).

Threads complaining about this issue:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Android 12

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

15 Replies
user149533at39
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
Me and hubby participated in the beta program and the first couple of beta releases we saw the overscroll feature ... beta3 they took it away because of issues and pretty much everyone complained to bring it back. 😁
Options
Android 12
To bring back the old animation?
Options
Android 12
If Samsung got the old animation to work on Android 12, then they should give us an option between the two
user149533at39
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
... no, everyone wanted the new overscroll back ... they took it away to fix issues it had
Options
Android 12
So why don't they just give you an option between the two?
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Android 12
I asked for a toggle and got blasted by the new animation crowd. I personally think it looks childish.
Options
Android 12
Why did you get hate? It's an optional setting. It benefits both sides!
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Android 12
Turning off all animations is optional but not what I'm looking for.
Options
Android 12
I'm talking about a setting that would just have the device use the old scroll animation