Original topic:

Add option to just tell apps to use Material 2 design.

(Topic created: 04-10-2022 08:07 PM)
Options
Android 12
The title is self explanatory honestly. My Android 11 phone still uses Material 2 for Google Play and I saw Google Play show Material 2 for a moment when I turned on my Android 12 device for a while so to me it looks like Material 2 is still baked in many applications. Can we just gave an option to use Material 2 on all apps that still have that UI theme instead of just defaulting to Material 3 (Material You) design? I personally love the look of Material 2 much more. It looks much more professional to me and not a kid oriented UI like Material You's pastel rounded color-tinted dark mode UI looks like.

Long live Android 11 - the operating system that makes my phone look and function like a tool. Not a toy with less usability and speed (looking at you elastic overscroll).
7 Replies
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
System web view handle that. You can unusual update of system web view
0 Likes
Options
Android 12
What version should o downgrade to? (Stable version)
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
You have to test each version. Each app needs different API level
0 Likes
akaRemoteAlias
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
How do I test the API levels on my Note 20 5G when my apps are clearly compromised to ridiculously obvious long version types, usually versions obviously to get past newer security protocols that set me back forever and take away all my given end user rights?
0 Likes
akaRemoteAlias
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Dear super fake looking greyed-out Samsung associates- just for S&G- Why can't I avoid more and more following dev admins that Pawn me no matter what I try? I have my theories, but even as I have not kept up with coding abilities, and I know this isn't probably even the real Samsung Members, scratch that, im sure its just a copy (if it is I'm not me) I just want a do over. I can't lose certain info on this phone but the inability to use tech is bad enough when it's one of your favorite things, however much worse when it makes it 20 times harder to bounce back in the world when there isn't anything that does not emit a way to get into my stuff and after 13 years of trying I can't even believe I'm on the right call if I don't know thier voice! Re routes and no control aint a thing. So do I embrace it? Fight it? Give up? All I know... is yearly kicks in the **bleep** for over a decade, financial theft and constant controlling... I'm about fed up... if they won't work with me, if I can't **bleep** em up, or there's no way out, I'm not tethered to my smartphone, and anyone even traced to my network or phone regardless of when they started or what thier intentions were, I'm going down. They are ALL coming with me. I haven't much. I've survived more than most. They just will NEVER see it coming. Not all the re routes or VPN'S, hiding behind false localales or encrypted info will save them. Hope they are SUPER tidy. Can they remember how well they cleaned thier back in all of my over 85 devices throughout the years? I collect devices ever hooked up to home network. Hope you were all super careful! Uh OH!!!! Seriously though... that isn't even one of the things that will happen but I will make sure everyone pays the toll. Or is there a way out to reclaim my life... before other more innocent hackers suffer for what 1 or 2 did? Just curious...from one anonymous to another.
0 Likes
Options
Android 12
Look at this. This is a dark material you widget on a PURE BLACK BACKGROUND Screenshot_20220501-195508_Nova Launcher_56849_1651449308.png
0 Likes
Options
Android 12
Here is the same widget on Android 11. It's seemlessScreenshot_20220501-195637_Nova Launcher_56756_1651449397.png
0 Likes