Original topic:

Add the icon names/labels back to the app icons in the Edge Panel

(Topic created: 12-17-2021 05:24 PM)
userCej9yq6ViY
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

Hello Samsung, 

The  latest update removed the icon names from under the icons on the edge panel. Is this intentional or is this a bug?

Without the text the app panel is not intuitive at all and I will likely just shut it off.

Please consider changing this back, or at least making it optional.

9 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Android 12
I like the edge panel without the icon names. It looks less cluttered if you can get used to it, but it really should be optional.
JDMotes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
Yeppers, names are gone on mine, too! 😞Screenshot_20211217-215749_One UI Home_6368_1639796270.jpg
notforhire
Supernova
Options
Android 12
been gone for me since the 1st beta...by design, according to the moderator when I reported it
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Android 12
that doesn't look like the app panel though since it has task/app actions
Knomaze
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Mine is gone also - the panel is useless to me without the icon text. While I put a number of common apps under here many of the icones are not intuitive (especially a lot of the new Samsung ones) and its faster to get to what I need by seeing the text. 

Settings > Display > Edge Panels  should contain a simple boolean switch for "Labels On/Labels Off" so that people can have the option.

I realize this may free up space for more icons and that some people prefer not having the text, but in my case I agree with one of the previous comments that without the text, I'm just as likely to simply turn this feature off as its not helping me the way you have reconfigured it.

useroMzdFNJVFx
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

I agree, I want the labels back also. I believe that making it optional for users to choose is acceptable.

userMWaUQhMDNi
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

Just updated to Android 12 UI 4.0 on a S20 Ultra, Please reinstate names of apps from under the icons on the edge panel as an option, what a disappointment and dumb idea to remove.

lyradd
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Edge Panel icon names disappeared right after the 12.0 update. Please put them back so I don't have to memorize each icon.

Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Android 12

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.