Original topic:

Alert when clipboard accessed

(Topic created: 06-25-2022 11:36 PM)
JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Android 12
I no longer get a toast notification when I copy or paste things. I have the option 'Alert when clipboard accessed' but nothing happens anymore since I updated to Android 12/One UI 4.1
9 Replies
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Android 12
Are you referring to this? Or to the little notification on the top right when you copy text off a website?Screenshot_20220626-025039_Samsung Members_5298_1656226306.jpg
0 Likes
JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Android 12
I'm referring the small Toast notification that would say "Samsung Members has pasted from your clipboard" if I pasted something in this text box

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/06/09/android-12-will-tell-you-when-apps-read-from-your-clipboard...
0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Android 12
Have you used the "pin" option on items you don't want cleared off your clipboard? You can control which items your want deleted and which ones you want saved. I usually also keep web addresses of things that I want to research later, and also have arrows and such pinned too.
However, if I'm writing a lengthy comment (I tend to get long-winded at times 😁), I compose my draft in a "character count" app. It saves my work, since the app I'm on either refreshes or times out, and if I don't save it, I lose all I've written. So now I compose my thoughts on a separate note, then copy it over (it also helps me not exceed any character limit, since I tend to do that too in reviews, etc).ZomboDroid 26062022101237_5302_1656252875.jpg
JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Android 12
My issue is not copying things. My issue is not being notified of what app is copying/pasting from my clipboard.

My issue is a security/privacy feature that is enabled, but it is not acting as it should
0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Android 12
I understand what you mean now. And you said you already have the setting turned on. So before troubleshooting further, have you tried turning it off and then back on, and then restarting your phone?
0 Likes
JustDewIt
Comet
Options
Android 12
Yep. Turned it off then restarted, turned it on and restarted again. Still doesn't work. I've also disabled anything that has Notifications access and restarted as well. Nothin' 😕
0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Android 12
I wouldn't disable notification access. I would assume your system needs that permission. I've taken some screenshots of my system settings (I've omitted the irrelevant items). You can compare them to your settings. I won't bother explaining how to get to each setting, since you seem capable. Also, are you using the samsung keyboard? And are you using any third party application that you use to connect to your computer? ZomboDroid 26062022215011_5350_1656294612.jpgScreenshot_20220626-215259_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220626-212845_Settings_5345_1656293344.jpg
0 Likes
RockysMom
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I get really frustrated because I'll copy something that I'm going to need and then I copy something else and I'll go in to clipboard and it's shut off for no reason and then everything I have copied that I'm going to need to paste is gone it gets very time-consuming and like I said very frustrating also we were taking selfies tonight and so it said see similar pictures or something like that and it pulled up a bunch of pictures of females in selfies and surprise not a single one looked like us isn't that just crazy so probably don't suggest that anymore because that was kind of annoying me searched everything in there to make sure our picture wasn't in there and it was just well it isn't something that I'd want to go look at again put it that way we felt like we should be in a I don't know what you would call it like a little class trash kind of thing and we are nothing of the sort we have our clothes on hahaha
0 Likes
Paul_58
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I looked at my site in members and you sent me a clip that is attached to my post. So you are able to use clips.
0 Likes