JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android 11 for S10

(Topic created: 11-02-2021 09:48 PM)
GonRogue
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
Just got a used S10 (Verizon version) and was surprised that it was still running Android 11. With the notice from Samsung that the bugs were worked out and that UI 3 would also be pushed out with the update, I was rather disappointed that I have not received the update yet.

TL;DR, Anyone know how to get the Samsung's edition of Android 11?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GonRogue
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12

For anyone that wanted to know, It may be possible to go around your carrier and get the update by using Samsung Smart Switch for Windows or MacOS. I am trying it now and will edit this post to let you know of the result.

EDIT: So it will take 5-ever over Wi-Fi and a cable connection to the computer, but it will update the OS/UI. For the S10, Keep installing the incremental updates until you see "PDA:UA1/CSC:UA1/PHONE:UA1". That will contain the Android 11 upgarde. There will be more updates but that is the one I was looking for. Good luck!

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
user7aR5Ffc0qB
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
UI 3 IS ANDROID 11, 4.0 ANDROID 12 IS OUT NOW
0 Likes
GonRogue
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
But is Android 12/UI 4 available for S10 users? My understanding was that we are waiting for Samsung to do their checks and make a release announcement.
0 Likes
user7aR5Ffc0qB
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Instead of asking people here who may not know the answers always go to the creators of Android, Google, you know those leftists
GonRogue
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
Been there, but haven't seen an answer to how to force the update. As I understand the situation, users need to wait on the good will of their carrier to grace them with any system update. People here *might* know something that is on some obscure web forum somewhere.
user7aR5Ffc0qB
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Please just Google it OKI just sent you the article. The more recent models will get the update 1st, the 10 will get it, we all have to relax, have a cup of your favorite beverage :hot_beverage: put your feet up and stare at the sky don't forget to do deep breathing exercises... but remember keep your mouth closed and only breathe through your nose
0 Likes
GonRogue
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
Lol, thanks for the life advise. I'm working through a number of issues with this phone, but base updates are a higher priority to me because they might fix some of my problems with the carrier.
0 Likes
Rplatt56
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
S10 will get the Android 12 in a few months. The stable version is not even out for the S21 series yet
GonRogue
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12

I figured that was the case as only Google knows how to make devices compatible at launch of the Android version.

0 Likes